May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

01 Oct 2021 16:52 #36967 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2021 16:59 #36968 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
*gasp*

and... I just realised I can't even grow carrots in Founder's Fortune! :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Oct 2021 21:35 - 02 Oct 2021 21:38 #36994 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Remember when I installed that nice sun glare texture into Skyrim?
Well I barely remember it either as the weather seems to have looked like this for days... :eyeroll:

The closest I got to daylight was this brief sunset shining on my homestead...

And as you can see I've been doing some work on it. Numerous trips to and from the Riverwood forge helped me to furnish most of the upstairs bedrooms and make a start on the dining area. The walls are still a bit sparse but all those furnishings require very specific items that you can't just buy at the local shops. But obviously you can't see that here. :P
But outside you SHOULD be able to see the posts marking out of what will turn out to be the greenhouse. :excited:
Still more shopping and forging of items were required to start it so many night time trips ensued and on one of them I was greeted by the disturbing cry of "Thief!!!" accompanied by the fighty music.
Yikes, they're not arresting me again for... something, are they?
And no, was the answer. There was some other thief doing some nasty stealing. Even Camilla and Frodnar's dog Stump came out to attack him...

And then comes the dilemma of whether you should intervene. :hmm:
I am a member of the Thieves Guild after all so he isn't really my enemy and these group fights can always end up with you hitting a friendly person and then having the whole town turn on you. But I didn't want him to hurt poor Stump. :cry:
So I carefully killed him and Camilla was suitably impressed...

And so I went back to forging and buying and dragging my over-encumbered self past that growling bear (that I can't fight because I'm carrying too much) to continue my construction works. And by the end of the night my greenhouse extension looked like this...

I ran out of nails at that point and I was a bit exhausted too cos nasty things kept spawning near my house. :shakefist:
Previously it was those spiders and vomity people but tonight it was first wolves. Then more wolves.  Then a single wolf (which was hilariously killed by the nearby mudcrabs. :lol:) and then finally.... A GIANT!? :ohmy:
Yeah, I had to fight a giant near my own front door and had to do it on my own cos I'd left Arissa and Brelyna inside so that they didn't get in the way of my shopping/forging and I've no idea where Housecarl Rayya was. Also I hadn't saved for a while so I was in danger of losing a lot of effort so I kept shouting him away from me while hacking at his knees and hoping he didn't launch me into space with his club.
Thankfully I survived but please... PLEEEEASE stop spawning at my house! :stare:
Attachments:

02 Oct 2021 22:44 #36995 by Charlotte
Greenhouse is looking nice but it sounds like maybe you chose a poor location for it... :dry:

03 Oct 2021 11:39 #37001 by Valence
Further research suggests that the Giant wouldn't have attacked me if I'd kept at a safe distance. But he was on the narrow path blocking the way to my front door! How am I supposed to get to it by avoiding him. :dunno:
Well, he's dead now so I guess it doesn't matter for the time being.
Also that research tells me that there are some bandits over the hill that can come and kidnap your spouse. :dry:
Another reason against getting married I suppose. :)

03 Oct 2021 12:15 #37004 by Charlotte
:D

03 Oct 2021 20:41 - 03 Oct 2021 20:41 #37010 by Valence
Went off to forge some night-time nails to complete my roof and the dead thief was still there in the street. :dead:
The dog Stump was still sniffing around it too and I did consider grabbing the body and dumping it in the river like I did with that chicken I accidently killed a while back (but don't tell the guards, they still don't know about that. :paranoid:) But I've got work to do. If the body's still there next time maybe I'll drag it around but for now I really needed those nails. And after over-encumbering myself again I returned home somewhat wary of what dangers might spawn there again.
Wolves? ..... Nope.
Vomity people? .... Nope.
GIANTS??... No.
Phew. :)
But this guy was lingering around. Who the hell are you and why are you lingering around my house? MY house!

And I don't know why he's shielding his eyes from the sun, it's still night.
Hey, maybe he's heard about that that sun glare texture I imported. :lol:
Anyway, he wasn't a baddie and he had an interesting little tale to tell me which interested me enough to note down a few things to ask other people about later. :hmm:
And then I got to work on that roof...

Yes, I know it's a very odd greenhouse that doesn't have glass but that's just the way it works here, OK? :shrug:
I then went inside to start work on the planters and things but... I need more iron. :eyeroll:
I've already cleared out the nearby mine and I'm not sure Alvor has restocked yet so I may as well walk over to Whiterun to see if Adrianne at Warmaidens has some.
And as I set off down the road my noisy neighbour started screaming at me...

"That's close enough! Don't come any closer!"
Oh, shut up, man. I'm going shopping for some iron, I'm not interested in you or your undead antics. Bloody Necromancers! :eyeroll:
I could just kill him like the random spawning creatures but he's still my neighbour after all.
And as soon as I arrived in Whiterun, Lucia ran up to me wanting her allowance. Kids! :eyeroll:
So I gave her yet more of my money and challenged her to a game of tag. :)

Don't you dare run out of the main gate. That's cheating. :stare:
Attachments:

03 Oct 2021 20:48 #37011 by Charlotte
I guess it's a mushroom greenhouse... :dry:

06 Oct 2021 12:44 #37072 by Charlotte
Just for fun (since I don't have the money right now) I was looking at gaming laptops. I was rather surprised to find that many of them has about as much - or less - storage capacity than the one I already have. And this one's running out of room! That said there were a few with 1000 GB and one with 2000 GB storage. They costos muchos dineros. :blink:

06 Oct 2021 14:42 #37075 by Valence
Storage is now the biggest hindrance to gaming. :pout:
That's why I wish cloud gaming would become more available and usable with all games rather than the limited selections they have now.

How much does your laptop have in total?
My small desktop thing had a 250GB and I put in another one which I think was 480 (4-something anyway :P) and I still find myself wondering if I can squeeze another in if I take the optical drive out. :lol: