April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

16 Oct 2021 21:31 - 16 Oct 2021 21:32 #37300 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Mudcrabs??
Where the hell are the mudcrabs? :dunno:

Usually this area is filled with them (I even died once at this very spot after being ambushed by seven of them. But I was a rubbish low level then in the early days of Skyrim. :oops:)
But as I said, there's normally loads of them here but as soon as you want one... THEN they all disappear. :eyeroll:
Wait- There's two over there...

I think they've noticed the three of us charging with our swords in the background. But never mind I can kill them quick now.
You see I need some dead mudcrabs to decorate the walls of my greenhouse. Even though it is functional now, you don't get the full visual niceness of it all with full butterflies and bees and everything until it's completely furnished with... everything.
And mudcrabs on the wall is one small step towards that...

And in one of those nice planters I have put my one and only bit of Jazbay. :excited:
That's the thing I have to collect for some quest but can't find it ANYWHERE so hopefully that's gonna work out for me. :)
Still need more things to go on the wall though. I think some kind of goat thingie is next on the list so I'll have to keep my eye out and do some hunting while on my travels. And currently those travels involve meeting Kodlak.
Yes, Kodlak. It is time...

What do you mean you don't remember me. OK, I realise I was supposed to talk to you straight after that other mission that I finished decades ago but I got side tracked. You understand don't you?

Maybe not. Anywaaay, he's now sent me of to do.. erm. To kill some... um. Spoilers. :dry:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Oct 2021 21:09 #37314 by Valence

Still need more things to go on the wall though. I think some kind of goat thingie is next on the list so I'll have to keep my eye out and do some hunting while on my travels.

When I said I needed to look out for goats on my travels I didn't expect this... :blink:

Who needs to hunt when you can just find a dead one lying on a table?
I still need one more but I might as well get this one mounted on the wall after I walk slowly back home. And it was a slow walk seeing as I was over-encumbered again with five heads. Yeah, don't ask. :nope:
:paranoid:

Anyway, after finally getting back, the first goat is on the wall...

And look!!!
There in the foreground my Jazbay is growing! :excited:
I managed to harvest three of the grapes so far and I planted those too in some more soil.
I need twenty so at this rate I'll have that quest solved in a week or two. :)
Attachments:

17 Oct 2021 22:00 #37318 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It looks quite nice, considering it has no windows. And dead animals on the walls...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Oct 2021 22:18 #37321 by Valence
They don't seem to have any windows in any Elder Scrolls games. :dry:
Well, none that you can see through anyway. :P

18 Oct 2021 21:27 #37344 by Valence
Finally made a bit of progress in Ori and the Blind Forest. :stare:
Gameplay usually consists of repeatedly struggling to get past a hard bit, succeeding and immediately saving. Quickly!
Unfortunately saving requires a certain type of energy and for a long time now I've been trapped in a series of tough parts of the map with not enough energy to make a save if I do get past even one of those tricky bits.
But today I eventually got far enough to get some of that lovely blue stuff to make a save. And what a lovely save it was! :lol:

The feeling was more relief than satisfaction but it was much needed.

22 Oct 2021 21:36 #37411 by Valence
Finally walked back to Novigrad after cleaning up some Velen side quests and suddenly everyone's obsessed with books! :blink:
People preaching about forbidden books, booksellers wanting me to find specific books and others wanting to sell me various books.
Leave me alone, I've got some Gwent games to play!
And I beat the armless banker at last. :woohoo:
Was expecting a better reward but never mind. At least it's from the deck I can play with. :shrug:

23 Oct 2021 22:35 #37422 by Valence
Got back into Whiterun and I thought I'd try and avoid my "daughter" and her incessant requests for an allowance by sneakily bypassing my home and taking the side route up to the higher level of town. :)
And...

She was there!
She's everywhere when she wants money. :argh:
Have another 100 gold, Lucia!?

And without wishing to spoil any spoilers... it seems like I'm gonna be stuck carrying those five heads for a bit longer. :S
Stop staring at me...

...but apparently I was wrong in that earlier post, they weren't responsible for me being over-encumbered it was just my usual heavy weaponry and armour. It's worth it just to have the Ebony outfit though. :aha:
Attachments:

23 Oct 2021 22:46 #37424 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well now you already bribed your kid to stay away, you could go to your house and drop some stuff off, right? :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Oct 2021 23:14 #37426 by Valence
I obviously don't want to sound like a psychopath, but I thought I might be able to put the heads on a shelf somewhere, like I did with the butterfly and bee in a jar. It'd be a nice macabre collection to have and might scare the kid to stop her asking for things. :lol: :evil:
But Skyrim never lets you drop "quest items". Well, not until the quest is over... I think? And I thought it was gonna be over when I returned but... spoilers. :shrug:

So I'm still juggling five heads. :dry:

24 Oct 2021 18:10 #37429 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I obviously don't want to sound like a psychopath

And yet...