May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

31 Dec 2020 18:46 #32971 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Oops! :oops: Mistakes were made.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2020 19:52 #32972 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Aww, is the bald man cleaning the Dino's teeth?
That's nice of him. :)

After uninstalling Stranded Deep the other day I had a nosey around my library of other unplayed Epic freebies and thought I'd have a go at one of them. In the end I installed Darksiders 2 and had a run around in that. It plays a bit like Prince Of Persia with lots of climbing and wall-running punctuated by hack-n-slash sword action. But I've swapped out my blades for a massive hammer instead...

I can't resist the Big Bash technique. :dry:
Not sure how long it will hold my attention but before I retreat back to Skyrim I'll bash a few more of these baddies.
Attachments:

31 Dec 2020 21:01 #32973 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Is that you with your massive hammer or the baddie who stole it from you? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Dec 2020 21:12 #32974 by Valence
That is indeed "me". Or Death as he's better known. Not my choice of appearance, that's just what he looks like. :shrug:
Everyone seems to look like a baddie, although I have just encountered some very large and strangely wide Scottish people. :blink:

31 Dec 2020 22:07 #32975 by Charlotte
If that hammer was actually a cardboard box, your character could hide inside....

31 Dec 2020 23:05 #32976 by Charlotte
So, besides the comments in the shoutbox, is Jurassic Park a good and fun game?

31 Dec 2020 23:22 #32977 by Valence

If that hammer was actually a cardboard box, your character could hide inside....

:giggle:

I have claimed the Jurassic Park thingy but will have to wait to play it as GFN only has the Steam version. Because it's the holiday period they haven't been adding any of the new freebies. The only one I got to try out is My Time At Portia.

01 Jan 2021 12:46 #32980 by Valence
I decided to celebrate New Year by offloading some saved Steam coins. I didn't buy that piratey game (but I still may grab it before the sale is over) and instead I got A Plague Tale.
I've been looking at it for ages but it's one of those games that I always felt would be given away free at one point. I got tired of waiting though, so if it crops up on Epic next month I don't care any more. :)
And it looks absolutely beautiful...

...probably some of the best graphics I've seen. And it has a good photo mode too so I played through the opening a couple of times taking nice screenshots of everything. :lol:
Attachments:

01 Jan 2021 13:03 #32983 by Charlotte
That does indeed look beautiful! I think I've seen it, but the title hasn't really raised my interest (rather the opposite). What's it about?

01 Jan 2021 14:51 #32985 by Valence
It plays like a kind of historical, puzzle-based RPG with possibly a bit of crafting later. So far it feels quite linear (but not as narrow as that recent Blair Witch thing) and I suspect it'll stay that way seeing as it's based around a rigid story. But it's a good story and very well told so I don't mind it not being as free as the open world games I usually play.
I'm currently sneaking my sick brother away from some angry looking men.
And even though I haven't seen them yet, I know that there will be rats. Lots of rats. :ohmy: