April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 Jan 2021 02:32 - 07 Jan 2021 02:36 #33054 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
OK, here we go... AGAIN!

Dodge roll! :silly: :side: :dry:

After much stabbing, rolling, dizzily dying and more stabbing I finally killed him. :pirate:
And boy, that was hard work. I feel tired now. Gaming shouldn't involve so much exercise. :stare:

I then backtracked to the loot portal that I'm now allowed to go through after killing him and found that I had to battle all the other previous enemies again. :blink:
They ALL seem to respawn after you die even if you killed them before dying, which isn't ideal.
So I killed them all again (and died a couple of times :oops:) but I did get some loot along the way including a Big Bashing Axe!

Alas it was so big that I was over-encumbered so I have to unequip some armour if I want to use it. :shrug:
I can still "carry" everything though, which doesn't make sense but I'm not complaining.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2021 05:43 #33058 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
So you're saying you have to kill your enemies when you're dead? (For them to stay dead)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Jan 2021 12:37 #33060 by Valence
Dead things should always remain dead. Apart from me. I'm allowed to be not dead after I'm dead.
*dodge rolls for no reason* :stare:

How is your car battery? Not dead, I hope. :dry:

07 Jan 2021 13:06 #33061 by Charlotte
Uhm... nope.... It's just sleeping. :S

07 Jan 2021 13:53 #33062 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Lord of the Fallen is a Dark Souls clone. That's pretty much the same format for game play, if you die, enemies re-spawn and you have to make your way back through them to where you died (often to retrieve your bloodstain). Same with combat, dodge, dodge, doge, hit, dodge dodge, dodge, hit. I haven't played it, but it's been on my list since it came out, it was pretty buggy though. One thing that I always liked the look of was that the combat seemed a lot more weighty than Souls, so big armoured guys with huge weapons felt like they were big, armoured, and wielding a large weapon.

Meanwhile, I have committed horrendous atrocities on Isla Pena, all in the name of financial gain and success :( :cry:

07 Jan 2021 15:18 #33063 by Valence

One thing that I always liked the look of was that the combat seemed a lot more weighty than Souls, so big armoured guys with huge weapons felt like they were big, armoured, and wielding a large weapon.

That's certainly true. The character does have a discernible sense of mass when you start swinging, especially with the Big Bash axes/hammers.
One of the reasons I gave in and bought it is that the reviews said it was a Dark Souls clone but easier. But it's still a bit tougher than the Easy Mode stuff I normally wallow in. :lol:

I haven't experienced any bugs yet so maybe they've been patched out now, but that camera can occasionally get a little awkward if you back away towards a cramped wall or corner during a fight. Also it's strange not having a map but that only encourages you to explore more and I like doing that anyway.
I do keep forgetting to manually target enemies though as that's something I'm not used to (click that mouse-wheel before attacking! :stare:) and several times I have done the big attack, missed and ended up staggering way past the baddies to a point where I can't see them any more. :dry:

07 Jan 2021 15:27 #33064 by Banj
It's time to invest in a controller :stare:

07 Jan 2021 16:19 #33065 by Valence
But what atrocities have you committed on your island?

Did you stop life from finding a way?

07 Jan 2021 16:26 #33066 by Banj

Did you stop life from finding a way?

If creating dinosaurs to feed to other dinosaurs is stopping life finding away, then yes.

Are you not entertained? :shakefist:

Finish him!

Kill them, kill them all

OK, now sell them off, they are all mutated out of their minds
Attachments:

07 Jan 2021 16:40 #33067 by Charlotte
poor dinos :(