May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

29 Dec 2020 14:36 #32927 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I believe a lot of pilots that were shot down in the Pacific during WW2 also thought the same thing and died from dehydration caused by diarrhoea brought on by drinking too much coconut milk. :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2020 14:56 #32933 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: Well, I don't care about the real world. The IN GAME info says it's good. (And I've been fine since replaying....) :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Dec 2020 20:12 #32939 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I was surprised that it was just a 1GB download. With such a small install size I figured that it wouldn't be a great waste of time to try it out and.... I was right, that gameplay video was a bit too much for me.
Struggled to get anything above 15FPS even with all the fancy stuff turned off.
I did just about paddle to the island and had a chuckle at the awkward 3rd person animation but it wasn't really playable beyond that so I quit and went off to collect some noisy Nirnroot in Oblivion instead.:)

29 Dec 2020 20:46 #32940 by Charlotte
I'm still playing... though there is a lot about the UI that could be improved... Hmm Maybe I should make a toolbelt and see if that enables the quick slots at the bottom of the screen :hmm: If it increased your storage capacity, that would be great too. And I should probably start collecting wood for a house. It feels odd to have a shelter that's so small you can't take shelter in it when there's a thunder storm... :dry:

29 Dec 2020 21:29 #32941 by Valence
Are you still playing Gothic?
I've been getting very close to buying their other game Risen 2. Again. :P
I seem to consider it every time there's a sale. It's only a couple of coins and I do feel in pirate mood after watching all those episodes of Black Sails. :pirate:

29 Dec 2020 22:00 - 29 Dec 2020 22:01 #32942 by Charlotte
Risen 2 sounds more like :zombie: than :pirate:

And uhm, I know I'm not playing Gothic, but I can't recall exactly which one that was and why I stopped.... was that the vampire puzzle type thingy? :dumb:

I've been finding and dragging home storage crates in Stranded Deep. I've avoided putting "valuables" in them for fear they'd get lost if the raft sinks. And only now have I realised that 1) each crate means 2 extra storage slots (3 slots in the crate and then take up one) and 2) since I don't lose items when I die, I'm not gonna lose the crates either... :facepalm:

(and after sleeping from 6 to 11 am this morning, I'm gonna try to get to bed - and sleep - at a more reasonable hour today...) :zzz:

30 Dec 2020 02:58 #32943 by Valence
Trials loading screen speaks the truth. :dry:

I did really well in one competitive race and was so proud of my little self that I had a look on the global leaderboard to see where I rated with my time. :woohoo:

I was about two-hundred-and-thirty-seven-thousandth. :shrug:
I admit it felt faster than that. :lol:
Attachments:

30 Dec 2020 04:56 #32944 by Charlotte
I think they might have been eavesdropping :paranoid:

30 Dec 2020 06:05 #32945 by Charlotte
Well I can't sleep. Again. So I tried to continue with Stranded Deep.

Take one: get poisoned. Read up on antidotes. You need Pipi plants. They are "found in bushes" (nope). Restart game as there's no way to get rid of poisoning except antidote (apparently not even time).

Take two: Build a hobo stove. It's great for cooking more than one tiny piece of food at a time, they said. But.... Nope. I can only place one item on the fire underneath, just like before. And then I can't get it off again. So.... no food at all.

Quit.
:stare:

30 Dec 2020 17:03 #32949 by Valence
Sleep!
Sleep more! :stare:

After overcoming my disappointment at not getting into the top 200,000 with my best effort I ended up going onto YouTube to watch some of the Trials Rising world record runs and... :ohmy:
How on earth do they maintain that kind of control? :dunno:
If there was an emoji for "Impressed" I would use it right here -->

I obviously need "Just one more go." :)