May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

30 Dec 2020 17:20 - 30 Dec 2020 18:03 #32950 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I tried. And failed. And started over in stranded... I chose a random map and now I have this big, interesting looking ship on the horizon. And several crop plots...

Then I wanted a nap but realised it would be dark when I got up again sp I decided to do some errands first. Then I napped. And napped some more... When I woke up my legs were entirely pinned down by cats. Now, my left arm is. prrrrrr

EDIT: Oh no! :ohmy: the Ship is gone!?

EDIT2: Oh dear.... I went to another island and barely got out of my raft before a hog attacked me! I managed to jump up on a rock... there's the snaky noise! :blink:
I decided to quit and reload from before I left home and maybe try another island.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Dec 2020 18:30 #32951 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Metro Last Light Redux is currently free on GOG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

30 Dec 2020 18:52 - 30 Dec 2020 18:53 #32952 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Argh! What's my GOG password again?

I've got it written down somewhere....

EDIT: Yep, there it is. Phew. :thumbup:

31 Dec 2020 08:11 - 31 Dec 2020 08:13 #32953 by Charlotte
I couldn't go back to sleep, as usual (now - what happened to me being able to sleep 14 hours a day???), and I had the bright idea :dry: of hosting a new year's eve party in the Aywas forums from 11.30 my time (noon my time is when the first countries toast the new year unless I've miscalculated this whole thing), so I took the opportunity of playing some more Stranded Deep.

:POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

And that big ship is back! :excited:
*paddles off to ship without proper supplies (and it takes all day, so.... thirst)*
Turns out the ship is kind of the "end game" - it's an aircraft carrier and you need to repair the plane on it. I looked online because I figured there was a risk that anything done now might just poof until next time I visit, and sure enough. You need to be able to fix everything and stock up on supplies all in one go. You also need to do some boss fights between now and then, so... it'll be a while before I visit again. Even if it does show up on the horizon. It was a little anti-climactic actually - I'd hoped for some nice loot, seeing as how it's not always there... :shrug:

In spite of this game first being released in 2015, there seem to be quite a lot of bugs and complaints about bugs. Such as if you repair one part of the plane and that's undone because you leave - you cannot ever repair that part again... Which is kind of a major issue if you want to beat the game rather than just stay on your island and grow potatoes...🥔

I managed to find a forum run by the developers, but it took a bit of digging. I think I *might* compile a list of feedback to post there... If I can be bothered. Everyone seems to agree that it's beautiful, though, and I guess it is. But the clunky humans kind of ruin that for me.

31 Dec 2020 12:11 #32954 by Banj

:POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

The forum does have spoiler tags you know :dry: :shakefist:

31 Dec 2020 13:32 #32955 by Charlotte
*knows*

:evil:

31 Dec 2020 13:36 #32956 by Banj
Banned

31 Dec 2020 13:43 #32957 by Charlotte
:dry:
Warning: Spoiler!

31 Dec 2020 13:48 #32959 by Banj

31 Dec 2020 14:03 - 31 Dec 2020 14:04 #32960 by Charlotte