April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

05 Jan 2021 15:35 #33044 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Only two more hours left to resist the Steam sale panic buy. ;)

Lords Of the Fallen? :hmm:

No! Save your coins! :shakefist:
:stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2021 17:22 #33045 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Meanwhile I have been driving around in my home built vehicle. It's worked quite well, I've almost rolled around a couple of times on steep slopes but it's always landed right side up... and it's gone up at least one almost vertical cliff... Then one of the batteries ran out of juice and I stupidly deconstructed it to reconstruct it (quickest way to "recharge" them), not realising that the battery held the front wheels up and together, so basically removing the battery turned the whole thing into a wreck. I tried building the hover jack, claimed to be useful for editing existing vehicles but... considering the name, perhaps it only applies to hover crafts? :shrug: it did nothing with my vehicle anyway. So... Time to deconstruct and reconstruct the whole thing, which also means emptying the storage, put items elsewhere, reconstructing storage and put items back in. All in all, it's a bit of a chore so I decided to build a small base where I can get proper rest etc while I'm at it.

I've managed to find a few more wrecks and the desert biome. Which is warm. Very warm. But considering I now have a vehicle I still haven't moved very far. We're talking kilometers here...:dry: My speed tends to be 20-30 km/h and I think I've gone 4-5 km? (though considering all the meandering both due to my panicky steering and the environment, perhaps it's the double... still, I'm pretty sure I've spent more than 30 minutes behind that wheel... )

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Jan 2021 01:52 #33046 by Valence
Be carefull not to dodge roll down those steep slopes. :dry:

Only two more hours left to resist the Steam sale panic buy. ;)

Lords Of the Fallen? :hmm:

No! Save your coins! :shakefist:
:stare:

Yeah, about that... :oops:

:giggle:

And I'm getting slaughtered by the first boss fellow. :eyeroll:

Yes, I know, I know. Dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll, etc.
Attachments:

06 Jan 2021 04:37 #33047 by Charlotte
Fighting is so much easier when you can just stand your ground and bash them ''til they're dead.

(Nope, not sleeping, again, though th968 8cats 5555 b+++++++++++++++++ *cough* as I was saying, the cats are blameless this time)

06 Jan 2021 12:44 #33048 by Valence
Exactly!
Bad guy can stand... there.
I'll stand right here and we'll swing massive swords at each other until one of us falls down. :stare:
That's the ideal form of combat. :lol:

Of course, I've never seen a real sword fight but I'd be surprised if it consisted of manic dodge rolling. :dry:
Seems like such an artificial "video game" thing. But here comes First Warden charging at me again so here goes...
*dodge roll*
*dodge roll*
:dead:

06 Jan 2021 13:29 #33049 by Charlotte
I now have a gun in Planet Nomads. I think it's called something else but it kills things, so, gun. The battery (= ammo) requires uranium, though, and I don't have too much of that yet. Uranium can be found in the desert. I'm currently on the tundra... :dry: I'm also not entirely sure how to get back "home" from here since I almost got stuck in a lake on my way to this place. Vehicles aren't meant to go under water, but it works for a bit so you can cross shallows. I crossed where it was a bit deeper than expected and my speed slowed to something like 0.2 km/h.... I think it's possible to become entirely stranded, so I consider myself lucky.

I also built a new base with my stasis chamber hanging from the ceiling, looking weird. And a fake elevator (using jet pack) because the stairs take up a ridiculous amount of room. And solar panels! :woohoo: Not that I know if they do much good in a snow storm. I'm currently waiting for my vehicle batteries to charge (well, actually currently I'm not playing....) and I wish I could go off on foot while that's being done, but it's too cold for the whatsitcalled suit to cope. I guess I'll just stand there and watch my "fruitage" grow... :dry:

06 Jan 2021 16:39 #33050 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I'm currently waiting for my vehicle batteries to charge

Here we go again :whistle:

06 Jan 2021 17:36 - 06 Jan 2021 17:39 #33051 by Charlotte
:dry:
I built solar panels on the vehicle now. They're not enough and I had to deconstruct/reconstruct a bunch of batteries anyway. In a snow storm while attacked by two overgrown geckos.

And also, in a "survival" game, where most wildlife tries to kill you etc... I never thought topography would be the main problem... *tired of steep slopes*

06 Jan 2021 17:38 #33052 by Charlotte
oh wait... was that about my REAL car battery? :stare:
(My neighbour asked about it yesterday... it's the problem with having a cute car in a small area - EVERYONE knows I have car troubles....)

:paranoid:

06 Jan 2021 20:37 #33053 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

oh wait... was that about my REAL car battery? :stare:
(My neighbour asked about it yesterday... it's the problem with having a cute car in a small area - EVERYONE knows I have car troubles....)

:paranoid:

:whistle: