April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 Jan 2021 19:47 #33019 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Haven't heard of that but I just checked and it's on sale on Steam too. :)
I think all the sales end on either the 4th or 5th so I have another day or two to decide whether to spend more or not.
But I'm becoming slightly less interested in that pirate game after seeing a video with a very variable frame rate. :unsure:
Of course I could run it fine on GFN but I'd rather have something that runs OK locally because even the late night queues are getting worse over there due to everyone playing that Cyberpunk thing. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2021 20:05 #33021 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Damn Cyberpunk :shakefist:

I still Find Planet Nomads a bit confusing. I'm not sure if I should repair or disassemble stuff to get "blueprints" for example. And the game tells me to look for those blueprints or "blocks" in a list in the journal, but the ones they think I should use aren't there... So :shrug:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Jan 2021 03:10 #33022 by Valence
Stay in the light, Hugo...

I've seen the rats now. And they're horrible. :argh:

Stay in the light!
Attachments:

04 Jan 2021 12:00 #33024 by Charlotte
Merlin woke me at 2 am today, by retching... somewhere.. And after crawling around on all four trying to figure out where exactly (under the kitchen table) I was too awake to go back to bed. So I decided to play some more Planet Nomads. And uhm.... 10-11 hours later.... I think it's time for a break...

I started a new game, set off for the beacon you need to go to at the start. Found it surrounded by animals. Died.

Started a new game. It's a nice area with lots of water - but "rather" hilly. Also, in all my previous attempts I have had several markers of crashed wrecks nearby (you're supposed to explore them). This time - none. So I focused on building a small base. It's only two rooms and a balcony but it has pretty much everything I need. Except... furniture. For a game that almost entirely focuses on building things with trillions of small triangular, wedge shaped, box shaped and rectangular items, it's extremely bare in anything to fill your bases, houses, forts, ships and hovercrafts with. (Apart from things like the "3d printers" that craft more building stuff...) And while all those building elements are small for a ship, they're rather too big for human (avatar) sized furniture.

So, I figured I'd build something for support, a glass window on top, and build for rail corners below as legs, then kill the support and have the glass fall down onto the railings to make a table. It worked! :woohoo: If only I had managed to place the "legs" symmetrically :dry:

Everything is also very uniform in colour and texture...

Anyway I did have a bit of a laugh when I tried navigating the very hilly hillsides in my vehicle. I ran it straight down into a deep pit and landed upside down. Only way out of it, was to dismantle the whole thing and rebuild it. Which was a learning experience, but I think I've got the hang of it now. Anyway, I built it using a very narrow cockpit, which meant the batteries couldn't be symmetrically placed one in front and one behind, with suspensions and tires attached. Instead I placed the batteries next to each other and the four wheels hence ended up closer to each other. Well, front and back, closer, left and right, further apart. It was extremely wobbly and hard to maneuver and eventually it just turned itself on its nose.(This is where I laughed) So I had to dismantle and rebuild the whole thing again. Next I'm going to build something that hovers over the water (it's needed for the tech tree anyway and there's lots of water so it should be useful).

Attachments:

04 Jan 2021 12:44 #33025 by Valence

Only way out of it, was to dismantle the whole thing and rebuild it.

:giggle:

10 hours of gaming? :ohmy:
I don't think I've ever done more than three in one session. :dry:

Now that the last day of the sales have arrived I'm now torn between saving my coins or panic-buying something that I don't need and probably won't play. I did get momentarily excited to see Ori And The Blind Forest cheap again but another low framerate video killed that idea. I've also been pondering over the merits of Braid, Far Cry 2, Bully, Bayonetta and more. :hmm:
And that voice keeps saying, "Save your money!" :stare:

04 Jan 2021 13:00 #33027 by Charlotte
save your money for a better computer :silly:

04 Jan 2021 14:54 #33031 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So, besides the comments in the shoutbox, is Jurassic Park a good and fun game?

My answer, a year after you asked the question, is yes (mostly). There are a few minor complaints with the way some things are organised and accessed, and I think it lacks a lot in terms of variety of buildings and customizations compared to other management type games. Overall I've been enjoying it though.

04 Jan 2021 20:59 #33040 by Valence
Time for a nice pleasant walk in Oblivion, taking in the fresh air and sunshine...

Hmm, what's that old saying again...

"Red sky at night, shepherd's delight.
Red sky in the morning, horrific cataclysmic event in Kvatch."
...yes, that's how it goes. :confident:

Actually it wasn't a pleasant walk before then. I kept getting harassed by hedge wizards and necromancers after going to investigate a lovely purple pillar of light. It was something to do with a necromancer's altar thingy. :dry:

Also... I did NOT panic buy any more games. :stare:
Attachments:

04 Jan 2021 21:12 #33041 by Charlotte

Hmm, what's that old saying again...

"Red sky at night, shepherd's delight.
Red sky in the morning, horrific cataclysmic event in Kvatch."
...yes, that's how it goes. :confident:

Are you sure?

Also... I did NOT panic buy any more games. :stare:

Are you really sure? :eh:

Also, my hopes of making a hovercraft went down the drain.... I need gold to even make the first part (that unlocks the actual hover bits) and I cannot get gold in the current biome... So I need to leave my comfy base... without a good vehicle for the terrain... oh well...

04 Jan 2021 21:25 #33042 by Valence
Use one of those vehicles that you have to take apart and then rebuild at the destination. They can go anywhere. :lol: