May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

18 Jun 2020 22:03 - 18 Jun 2020 22:05 #29677 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm doing fairly well by playing it safe. At the tip of the peninsula is one of those huge crocosaur-things, so I avoid that, and towards the mainland there are carnivors... I was attacked by a group of compys earlier (ironic that it sounds like kompis, which means pal, but I guess THEY are pals). I barely escaped with my life. Then, when I thought it was safe to stop and eat something in the hope that I'd heal faster, two of them caught up with me. Luckily I could handle two. Then I went back to my cabin and a third one caught up with me as well! But I dispatched of that too!

I also killed a triceratops, but that's not as impressive as it sounds. I actually feel a bit bad about it :dry: - it had spawned in a clump of trees and couldn't get out. At first I DID try to cut down the trees, but I accidentally hit the dino instead.... Later I returned and figured I might as well take the opportunity to get some hides. (31!)

I also tamed another of those small lystrodon (?) things. I named it Primula again but left out the "II". Later I realised that I didn't pay attention to whether this one was male or female... but now I'm not sure if I can find out....

I'm building a wooden cabin and it requires loads of wood which is getting a bit boring, especially since I don't dare venture far and also have to keep going back to drop stuff off... I also uhm.... designed... a somewhat large cabin.... so I still have an open wall at one end... and only two pieces of roof, but that seems to be enough for shelter from the weather at least.

But I've had enough dinos for today (:ohmy:)
I should probably get myself to bed.... :S *ponders playing something else*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2020 01:01 - 19 Jun 2020 01:08 #29679 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Ark is patching AGAIN! :shakefist:

Hurry up and finish, will you? :stare:
At this rate they'll all be extinct by the time I get back to the island.

So I'll do a bit of Witcher 3 then. And I've now progressed to the point where I'm supposed be hearing that creepy voice. Always best to do things in the right order. :)

"Begone...." :argh:
Attachments:

19 Jun 2020 10:44 #29681 by Charlotte
In order to get you those "intelligent-looking" glasses?
I keep getting that skin for my hat (and a sparkler skin for the torch) - but I tried it once and the hat is still there - only UNDER the hair, now? It just looks very weird. And besides those glasses don't look good on me anyhow :dry: Good thing skins can be removed again, in ARK. (They can't, in GW2)

19 Jun 2020 11:04 #29682 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So I'll do a bit of Witcher 3 then. And I've now progressed to the point where I'm supposed be hearing that creepy voice. Always best to do things in the right order. :):

You can actually do those things in different orders without breaking anything quest wise, although story lines will obviously be affected in some way depending on which things happen when.

19 Jun 2020 11:37 #29686 by Valence
Even doing them in the right order can result in awkward moments. There was one cut scene with little Gollum (sorry, I mean little Johnny) where Geralt was asking questions about Gran as if he'd never met her even though she effectively sent him this way. :huh:

I also had a funny little coincidence in Skyrim where a radiant quest had me clearing out a Forsworn fortress and then a main quest sent me straight back to the same place to rescue a child. The second one was much easier cos all the baddies were still dead! :lol:
Got a bit fed up of the kid screaming and shouting, "Aargh, a dead body!" every couple of seconds. Yep, kid, take a good look. That's why you're getting out of here.
Annoyingly the kid wouldn't get on a horse so I had to walk it back to safety through the night.

And what's all this about glasses? And skins? :ohmy:
You seem to be miles ahead of me now, Charlotte.
The patching had better be done by tonight. Three days without dinos will be too much to take.

19 Jun 2020 11:43 #29687 by Banj

Even doing them in the right order can result in awkward moments. There was one cut scene with little Gollum (sorry, I mean little Johnny) where Geralt was asking questions about Gran as if he'd never met her even though she effectively sent him this way. :huh:

Well, he's old and his memory is probably starting to go. Not only that but he's old and his memory is probably starting to go.

19 Jun 2020 14:50 #29699 by Charlotte
Oh dear... I didn't pause the game while using the browser to check things up (I wanted the night to pass after all) and now I've lost Primula II to a dilophosaurus... *sigh* Well, it wasn't all that useful anyway. But taming isn't easy. I've tried it with another animal and the first feeding was easy (a berry I had). Woohoo I thought and prepared to feed it a second berry. But no, second feeding was to be HONEY. As if I'll go near anything with drones, if I can avoid it after those icky ants. I also tried the knockout taming with a dodo but it just died instead. :dry:

well, I guess I'll just go back to gathering more wood for all those floors and stairs and walls I want...

19 Jun 2020 15:01 #29700 by Valence
Have you tried making Kibble yet?

19 Jun 2020 15:06 #29701 by Charlotte
No - it requires eggs and I haven't seen any around. I'm guessing I might need to successfully tame a dodo or two before I can get that... My peninsula is relatively safe but that also means there's not many resources/animals around. There's one of those huge sauropods and a few triceratops, one croc and one parasaur, a party dodo or two and then there was one lysowhatsits that you can tame with mejoberries only and some small carnivores that I've killed. Oh and one of those nasty flying birdies that I try to keep out of sight of...

I'm used to aggros losing interest after a while when you run away but in ARK they just never seem to give up, do they? Kill or be killed....

19 Jun 2020 16:40 #29702 by Banj
45.6gb, going to be a while before I get eaten by any raptors. Maybe the snakes are still busy downloading the game :unsure: