April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

18 Jun 2020 00:39 #29655 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Ark is being patched on GFN and is currently unavailable. :cry:
Where are my daily dinos?! :shakefist:

Oh, well. Come on, Geralt. Let's find these crones. :pirate:

PS. Those ants sound as scary as the snakes. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2020 05:32 #29656 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Those ants are probably scarier. :dry:
They rarely come alone, they're highly aggressive and follow you to the ends of the earth just to kill you, AND they hide in the grass until you're close and then they can attack either on land (drones) OR air (soldiers)! :argh:

I STILL haven't seen any snakes. Maybe there are none on "the Island"? Or are you also on "the Island"?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Jun 2020 12:07 #29657 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Maybe the ants ate the snakes :unsure:

18 Jun 2020 12:20 #29658 by Charlotte
:cry:

I was just petting my tame lysowhatsits (named "Primula") when two raptors appeared out of nowhere and killed us both! Right outside my hut! (I guess that at least will make getting my items back fairly easy....)

Those raptors are such meanies. :(

18 Jun 2020 12:21 #29659 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Maybe the Raptors ate the snakes :unsure:

18 Jun 2020 12:28 - 18 Jun 2020 13:05 #29660 by Charlotte
Possibly. They just killed me through the walls of my hut... :(

EDIT: DANG those raptors... they even swim after you. They must be what etted all the sneks.

18 Jun 2020 14:09 #29668 by Valence

Or are you also on "the Island"?

I am on The Island. :confident:
I haven't tried any of the other maps and I'm not sure the online/DLC stuff was accessible for me. I think that's what the big patch was about.

I don't really have any desire to do the multiplayer stuff anyway. The Internet tells be that the PvP is brutal so I'm staying single player and also staying on The Island. :)

The snakes that I'm avoiding are just to the North East of the initial spawn point on the beach through the grassy area and in that gloomy forest place. The wiki says that they like swampy cave areas best but I haven't travelled far enough to see a cave. :dry:

18 Jun 2020 14:27 - 18 Jun 2020 16:31 #29669 by Charlotte
The wiki also says there are numerous caves. I've not seen any either.
After having a pair of raptors circling my hut and killing me through the wall before I could retrieve my stuff from my previous death right outside the door, I started over... But I think I'll start over again :stare:

First off, I moved quite a ways from my starting point before I ded. Then I respawned right back where I'd started.... so getting my stuff was just too much of a journey. I started looking for a safe place to set up a hut. (Seriously isn't there ANYPLACE safe???) I found a place with a rock wall on one side and a fairly steep slope towards the water on one side. Figured that'd make attacks less likely, but while I stood there pondering I was attacked from the sky! I finally killed the stoopid bird, but before could even find the carcass I was attacked by two dilophosauruses in love... So I ded again. :( It's getting a bit tiresome.

Anyway I have a wallk with dad soon, so I might as well stop playing ded and get ready... :dry:

EDIT: And.... isn't it a bit silly that everytime I close down ARK, Epic loads a big splash screen saying I can get ARK for free? I just did, stoopid Epic. :pout:

EDIT 2: And WHY do I keep spawning in the dead of night? I can't see a thing!!!

EDIT 3: Now things are getting really weird... I'm finding these boxes with notes (I found one previously but didn't notice the effect they had) and I'me getting multiple status points and "engram points". I never advanced this fast! :blink: I'm already level 14 and all I've done is run further away from one of those pesky birds that keep attacking me.

18 Jun 2020 17:56 #29672 by Valence
I saw a video on YouTube where someone said the best thing to build is a base with two sets of walls. Like a hut within a hut. Perhaps that will keep the raptors out. :)

I'm only at level 11 and I don't think I've travelled far enough to leave that single grid square on the map! :blink:

18 Jun 2020 18:23 #29675 by Charlotte
I haven't left that southern little peninsula thing yet and I'm level 16 I think. But it's all thanks to finding two of those dossier notes thingies in short order (I think basically the boost from the first quadrupled or so the boost from the second). I'm trying to build my first little hut base now, but I can already use wooden pieces instead of thatch :)