April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

10 Jun 2020 00:56 - 10 Jun 2020 00:58 #29470 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
And... And... And... I'd forgotten about this, but something else happened on my travels. Before Markarth, before the place across the river, before the other horse and the other things. I was riding along on this fine day and saw another little skirmish in the distance, just someone/thing being aggressive and a couple of people trying to flee, so I leapt off the horse and charged forward with sword raised. :pirate:
One of the people trying to escape was a hunter and he was dead so I kept on and found the culprit... a pesky spriggan. Gave it a shout and a stab and it was all over quickly. Then I went to see the other person that ran away and it was M'aiq! :ohmy:
Thankfully he was alive, but the spriggan had tried to kill him!! You can't kill M'aiq The Liar, he's like the National Treasure of all Tamriel. Leave M'aiq alone! :stare:

I tried to have a chat with him but he didn't want to say anything and I don't blame him.
"M'aiq is tired now. Go bother somebody else."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2020 15:17 #29473 by Valence
Star Trek Online crashed again for me last night. I'm getting the impression that it's not really suited to GFN's streaming with the patch issues, the fact that some missions take longer than an hour and the lack of manual saves. I'm getting ever closer to installing it properly.
Anyway with a bit of time left over from that aborted session I had a go on the partially free The Council and found the opening 30 minutes to be a little clunky. Lots of cut scenes with not much gameplay and although the graphics had lots of detail and texture, those lumpy faces were very... odd. :blink: Not Oblivion levels of oddness but I expected a little more from something as recent as that. :dry:

11 Jun 2020 20:36 #29513 by Valence
Ark: Survival Evolved is now free on Epic.
Open world. Dinosaurs. What more do you want? :)

I made an effort to install Star Trek Online the other day and... it's rather slow on my PC. :( The spacey bits are OK but the ground based stuff stutters especially when lots of other players are bouncing about. :dry:
And it STILL needs frequent patching before launch! :dunno:
I think I'll be uninstalling soon and sticking with the GFN version. :shrug:

11 Jun 2020 21:18 - 11 Jun 2020 21:26 #29514 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

What more do you want? :)

Loads more Gb storage on my computer? :S

Edit:
Requirements: 60 Gb storage
Have: 12... (unless I save it to that external drive of course... what do I have on there? uh, nope... 20 Gb)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jun 2020 22:03 - 11 Jun 2020 22:04 #29515 by Valence

Loads more Gb storage on my computer? :S

Yeah, we all want that. :lol:

But I will be able to free up a few GB on mine by removing Star Trek as well as that new ZBrush thing that won't even launch for me. :dry:

However I think Ark's specs are a bit beyond my hardware so I'll have to wait until it appears on GFN. The Steam versions have been available for a while so I expect/hope the Epic one will turn up within a few weeks.

11 Jun 2020 22:15 #29516 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
There's a difference between Steam ARKs and Epic ARKs? One of them brought dinos? :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Jun 2020 02:08 - 12 Jun 2020 11:12 #29517 by Valence
The Arks came in two by two. :dry:

Meanwhile...

"Begone. Come no closer." :eek:

I don't know what's going on here (something to do with that tree, maybe?) and I don't even know if I'm supposed to be here, but it all just feels very creepy. :argh:

I was trying to get somewhere else after a woman told me that I'd missed out on some loot during the last quest (a Big Chest? :woohoo:) so I was backtracking to where I thought it was and to be honest I can't really remember. But anyway, I was riding back in that general direction, got sidetracked by some other belligerent bandit looters, jumped off Roach and killed them, then realised that Roach had run off with some wild dogs! :blink: Not away from them. With them. :shrug:
So I then had to chase them down on foot and kill the dogs, got back on Roach, then saw a load of drowners. :eyeroll: And there were far too many for me to bother with so I just did the double shift thing to get Roach moving super fast which resulted in her leaving the path (which she's not supposed to do when galloping like that!) So I ended up a bit lost. :oops:
I sprinted on trying to get back to the path (a path? ANY path!) and ended up riding straight through the location where I think the next Main Quest takes place! But I don't want to be doing that just yet cos I want to find that loot first.
So I let Roach run on even further until eventually a big rock face stopped us galloping any more. And then... I could hear these strange creepy noises. And then the voice. And before I know what I'm doing, I'm in a fight with something, quite a tough fight actually even though it's probably not related to the voice.
I die, I die, I do a bit better and then I just about manage to... Oh no I don't, he puts his damn sword away again and once more I'm left slapping a monster while it kills me!!! :rage:

Maybe I should just... Begone!

I've saved it there anyway. I'll come back next time and see what's telling me to "Begone" providing Geralt keeps fighting with his sword.
Attachments:

12 Jun 2020 10:51 #29518 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:ohmy:

12 Jun 2020 15:38 #29527 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Hitman: Absolution is free to grab on GoG right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

12 Jun 2020 20:30 #29528 by Valence
Grabbed that. After I remembered ny GoG password again. :lol:

I did a tentative, no-spoiler google search for that weird Witcher voice and confirmed that it is indeed a main story quest that's supposed to come later.
I guess I shall heed that creepy warning and "Begone" until the time is right. :brb: