April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 May 2020 11:10 #29304 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
That's some Aurora shennanigans right there :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2020 19:24 - 30 May 2020 21:39 #29309 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Got myself into a bit of a fight in Enderal with some skellingtons (the Fleshless is their proper name but call them what you want) and although I was victorious, my health was then waaay down to the extent that I could hear my heart beating and my vision was blurry. Need to rest!
So I made my way to a little bandit camp that I'd previously cleared where I knew there was a bed and had a little nap to recover. When I woke it was pitch black overhead! It gets dark very quick in Enderal! :stare:
At least it might be an acceptable time for gambling back at the tavern but I don't really like walking during the night. Those nasty river crabs come out in angry groups and I can't see a damn thing anyway. After rummaging through my inventory I did find a torch of the flaming variety, so I lit that up and made a run for it... And got back to the town intact with no crab-related conflict. :)

Off to the tavern then...

And now I'm playing something called The Battle Of Treomar.

Unlike Gwent/Caravan it seems very simple (which I like! :lol:) but does seem to be based more on luck than skill. I did manage to beat Ulmar in a couple of seemingly random games and tentatively won a coin or two, but then in the last game I pressed the wrong key at the wrong time and accidently wagered over three quarters of all my pennies! :ohmy:

Thankfully luck smiled on me this time and I won! Phew! :dry:
I now have many more coins but I'm not going near those tables for a while. :)

EDIT: And after that I was just driving around in GTA. I did do another job in the pickup truck removing illegally parked cars.

Yes, can't have any of that illegal parking while I go around stealing and killing. :dry:
Attachments:

31 May 2020 13:34 #29318 by fabledgoat
Replied by fabledgoat on topic Gaming
Have yet to finish Witcher 3, around a hundred hours in and I don't even have the DLC. Same with Syndicate. I went around and finished all the collectibles first and then got bored so I never completed the story. :P

Finished Final Fantasy VII Remake last week. Loved the game and the graphics. Story was pretty much same as the original with some added tweaks but altogether well done. :)

If I could get myself out of Apex Legends more often I might actually get to finish more. Stack of unplayed games is getting quite high at this point. :)

31 May 2020 13:39 #29319 by fabledgoat
Figures. I respond to what I thought was the latest post but turned out to not be the latest post and there's a new latest post on the screen.

Now I've responded to an old post that could be anywhere and possibly in any time. That'll teach me to try and reinsert myself into society. :argh:

31 May 2020 14:21 #29321 by Valence
I don't have any Witcher 3 DLC either. I'm now wondering if Banj's encounter with the glitchy armless banker was one of those quests. Or maybe it's just later in the game.
My old Skyrim version didn't come with DLC either but I did buy the Dragonborn extras for a ridiculous price. I do wish they'd put them on sale but they just want people to buy the Special Edition instead. :(

31 May 2020 14:27 #29323 by fabledgoat
I wanted to get into Skyrim when it first came out but didn't. Picked up the collector's edition with the big dragon statue when it was on sale and then played it for a short bit but I can't remember why I stopped.

Another game probably came up at the time though.

31 May 2020 14:43 #29326 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
If you hadn't mentioned responding to the not-latest-post, I'm not sure anyone would have realised ;) (I didn't anyway)

and Val, maybe you should use the tow truck to steal better cars? You can always claim they were parked in the wrong spot... :evil:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 May 2020 14:51 #29327 by Valence
I got myself a police car not long after that screenshot. There was a big car chase going on that ended in a big shootout (not involving me) and the car was left abandoned next to the cop's body.
So I got in and put the siren on to scare everyone. :)
I then found the fairground and had a ride on the rollercoaster. :cheer:

31 May 2020 14:59 #29328 by Valence
...one thing that does disappoint me in GTA V is the night sky.
Considering the attention to detail in all other parts of the game I fully expected scientifically accurate star constellations but it just seems like a generic starfield. (I think Red Dead Redemption 2 DOES have accurate stars.)
I even had a search for mods to see if you could tweak it but the only options are more detailed textures. :(

01 Jun 2020 01:43 #29335 by Valence
Manfred Whimplebottoms...
is dead! :stare: