April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

06 Jun 2020 16:56 #29433 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2020 17:14 #29434 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'd say it reminded me of that old classic episode where the Away Team beam down to the planet and Kirk looks confused as Spock starts running around him in a tight circle while Doctor McCoy starts bouncing backwards like a big pogo stick.
I would say that... but no such episode exists because people in Star Trek don't behave like that! :lol:

I just don't get the jumping. Why? :dunno:

Anywaay... It's still good fun and I am thinking about installing it properly on my PC just to relieve myself of the patch problem. But it is another 20+GB. :unsure:

06 Jun 2020 17:31 #29437 by Charlotte
Maybe they just have issues reaching all the keys they need, like you :p

06 Jun 2020 17:33 #29438 by Valence
:lol:

07 Jun 2020 19:43 - 07 Jun 2020 19:45 #29445 by Valence
Many times I have complained about that magic Icicle spell that keeps killing me in Skyrim when I fight against some mildy competent mage. Well...
...I've now got it too!

And further along on this little jaunt down a cave I also found the second word of the Fire Breath Shout. :excited:

Repeat after me...

Yol...

TOOR!

:stare:

I then over-encumbered myself and made my slow way out of the dank place and noticed that while I was down there the weather had cleared outside providing a nice day for a peaceful aimless walk. :)

And although you can't quite see in this particular screenshot, there was something odd going on behind those distant trees. It was like a little war had broken out! :blink:
There were three Thalmor, a group of Stormcloaks, a gang of bandits and a couple of mages all having some kind of free-for-all battle!
So I dived right in for a bit of practise! :pirate:

Hit a few with some ice spikes, shouted my two word fire at them, tried a bit of block/one handed action before switching back to a big bash!
Killed them all... except one. :(
A naughty archer (probably a Stormcloak or bandit) nailed me from a distance.

But it was still a nice day for a peaceful walk. :lol:
Attachments:

07 Jun 2020 20:01 #29446 by Charlotte
maybe you should have stayed with the peaceful walk, then... :dry:
Did you try the icicle spell in GW2? I think you can access it fairly early as an elementalist... It's probably not called icicle spell, though, but it drops a chunk of ice berg on your opponents head. (Strangely enough that doesn't usually kill anyone outright...)

07 Jun 2020 20:42 #29447 by Valence
I don't think I've done a single magical thing in GW2. :lol:

There is one move with the big sword which makes the image of a ghostly animal (a bear?) appear while I'm "big bashing" but that's the closest I've come to magic.
With the tree peson I alternate between big sword and ranged bow while my thief has a sword/gun combo which I alternate with... another sword/gun combo. :dry:

07 Jun 2020 21:39 #29449 by Charlotte
Ah, right, ranger and thief. Not much magic, no. The bear is a spiritual something (which apparently isn't the same as magic). You only had 2 character slots, right? Such a shame :P You might like the elementalist. The fire balls are quite satisfactory. (Elementalists can choose between 4 different kinds of magic; Fire, Ice, Earth and Arcane, I think it is. Or maybe the 4th is called something else. It's my least fav as the visual effects tend to hurt my eyes.)

09 Jun 2020 19:57 #29460 by Valence
I'm off to Markarth again in Skyrim. Now that I have the flawless ruby (which I snaffled from that presumptuous thief) I can do a quest that's based not far from there, so off we ride.
Usually the long journey takes place amidst a dank mist and occasional rain but as noted in my previous session it was a lovely day for a walk!
And across the river from the long road I saw this spectacular place...

I've travelled that road more times than I can count and I've never actually seen this before! :blink:
I'm sure I would have noticed if the mists weren't normally so dense but today the view was worth a second screenie! :woohoo:

:hmm: I wonder what's over there?

Warning: Spoiler!

When I finally arrived in Markarth I was riding a different horse from the one I started with! Yep, I've got another one. That's four now. They're good for carrying stuff. :confident:
I didn't plan on getting one but I came across a merchant fighting with some bandits and he ended up dying and his poor horse seemed a little lonely and frightened so I adopted it and called it "Umber."

I shall now dump loot on it at every opportunity. :lol:
Attachments:

09 Jun 2020 20:34 #29463 by Charlotte
So good of you to adopt all the lost little horsies.