March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

03 Jun 2020 08:35 #29398 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I usually tell myself that every little bit counts. Sometimes it just helps to draw attention away from those who can do more damage, sometimes one can stop shooting and revive someone... it all adds up tp the win :)
And I don't know if you noticed but depending on your level (time I think) of participation, you get a bronze, silver or gold reward. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2020 13:41 #29400 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I didn't know that about the rewards. Not sure which of those I deserved because the interface gets pretty cluttered during those events. I did feel a bit guilty when I looted the VERY big chest having done so little, but then felt less guilty after seeing the items. I was hoping for a big weapon or an outfit that looks better than that padded jacket but most of the stuff was for a different character class meaning they can't be used by my thief chap. :(
I can always sell them!

And before that appointment with the crowd I did try out Star Trek Online and was a little underwhelmed. It didn't start well as I was immediately greeted with an update and a 1.5GB patch. :eyeroll:
Then in the character creation it crashed on me. So I started again and got the update and the 1.5GB patch AGAIN!?
Yes with GFN, if they don't patch their files you have to do it every time you play. Admittedly it doesn't take long thanks to their crazy-fast server connections but even the 2 minute wait is irritating when you only have 1 hour to play.
After that I did get to the game and found it a little more dated than I expected. It felt much closer to KOTOR than Mass Effect in terms of visuals and the gameplay also seemed rather simplistic, but that may be down to it just being a tutorial mission. :shrug:
I'll try again with it another time.

03 Jun 2020 13:52 #29402 by Charlotte
the bronze/silver/gold thing just flashes by on your screen (to the right, somewhere under the map) and goes away by itself. And the chest only shows itself to those worthy ;) (Also, it's not like the loot you take means someone else is not getting any! :p)

04 Jun 2020 11:33 #29408 by Valence
Hmmm, it seems like the people behind StarTrek: Online really don't want me to play their game. Spent 20 minutes last night failing to get past the patch problem. :(
My understandable lack of patience won out and sent me back to Assassin's Creed Syndicate where I did some stabby slashing and a bit of horse racing. I have now almost cleared out Lambeth, there's just one gang stronghold to go. :pirate:

04 Jun 2020 12:48 #29409 by Charlotte
:ohmy: you're assassinating entire *googles* boroughs!?

04 Jun 2020 13:48 #29410 by Valence
Only the baddies.:dry:
And maybe those messengers.
And perhaps some bullies and thieves.
Then occasionally the coppers who intervene and try to club me over the head with their truncheons.

But rest assured, the boroughs are much better when The Rooks are in charge. :stare:

04 Jun 2020 13:56 #29411 by Charlotte
Guess I'd better take your word for it (least I end up like the bullies and thieves) :dry:

04 Jun 2020 20:03 #29416 by Valence
Did I mention that I've crafted a backpack in Enderal? Well I have! :woohoo:

Now let's see how much extra I can carry before I get over-encumbered! :)

I then found a creepy coffin while helping this other guy investigate an equally creepy basement...

Unfortunately I disappointed him by saying the wrong thing later so perhaps my help won't be so helpful or welcome next time. :dry:
I have to meet him again when I get to another city but I've still got a few more things to do in that nice little town so he can wait for now.
Attachments:

05 Jun 2020 02:05 - 05 Jun 2020 02:06 #29417 by Valence
That patching/updating in Star Trek Online is very erratic. Sometimes quick, sometimes slow, sometimes not at all. :dry:
But I got a bit of play in today starting at Starfleet Academy, where else?

I'm sure I heard a character say that Boothby's now a hologram. :blink: But I didn't see him there. :shrug:
Nor did I catch a glimpse of the whales.
The different character options at the start seem to put you in the different eras so I'm doing this one after TNG...

...while also having a go at the original series too...

I think it said that you can have seven characters on the go so I may experiment further.
Until then... Live long and prosper, low-res Spock. :lol:

Attachments:

06 Jun 2020 16:50 #29431 by Valence
I completed all my chores at Starfleet Academy. Got my place on a ship. Battled with Klingons. Took over the ship when the captain died. Got promoted. Then was thrown into a big battle with The Borg! (Already??) Helped destroy the Cube. Rescued some colonists.
All going well so far. :thumbup:

It all seemed very authentic and recognisable. Just like being in an episode of the show.
Now off to speak to the Admiral. And as I walked to his office I was accompanied by... a blonde woman in a skimpy dress who repeatedly jumped and bounced backwards along side me. :blink:
*Just* like being in an episode of the show?! :dry:

Yes I've now reached an area populated by other players. :eyeroll:

Stop! Jumping! :shakefist: