April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

29 Apr 2020 20:44 #28821 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
You.... are the chosen one. :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2020 21:21 - 29 Apr 2020 21:28 #28822 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:lol:
hardly

Edit: I might be one of those NPC's in the background that you can't talk to and who are only there to make the town look more lively... or if I do talk I only have one thing to say...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Apr 2020 22:09 #28823 by Valence
Townswoman. :lol:

That was one of the things I really hated about Witcher 1 (and 3 is only marginally better.) You walk into a town/village and see loads of characters and think, Wow this is well populated. Then you walk up to them and they're all called Townsman, Peasant, Beggar etc. I still recall the time that I thought I'd found the missing Coleman and it just turned out to be Thug who had the same character model. :eyeroll:
At least in Skyrim everyone in towns (except the guards) have names and backstories and personalities.

But I was avoiding the people there today as I went to see some Mammoths again.

I've kept well away from them since those early attempts to kill one but I was exploring the area to try and find a Giant's Club. I saw something on Reddit about them and apparently there's one lying around and it's too heavy to even pick up although you can get a follower to do it for you. Couldn't find it though. :nope:
I had a little look around last night too when I was taking the cat for a walk and some of the Giants got a little angry and I was treated to the hilarious sight of this huge towering fellow being harrassed by a tiny little cat. And it was even in the feline attack pose with its bottom in the air. :lol:
Sadly I didn't live long enough to get a screenshot but the cat got away fine. They always do. :dry:
Attachments:

30 Apr 2020 06:35 #28825 by Charlotte
can you tame the mammoths instead of killing them? :s

and the club... why would you want it if you can't lift it? Your collection? :huh:

Lucky cat. Not so lucky you. :D

30 Apr 2020 11:33 - 30 Apr 2020 11:34 #28826 by Valence
Having a Giant's club would be super cool and if I'm already overencumbered what does it matter if I can't lift it? :lol:

The Giants actually milk the mammoths to make cheese (don't tell Banj and his cat!) but it's not advisable to get to close to them. Then again, I'm sure there's a mod for everything.

Just googled and... Yes.

:blink:

After being encouraged by Banj's Gloating Geralt mockery I successfully beat that nest of monsters... after many more tries. My second attempt was the best. I was quite proud of my skills and tactics, then just as I turned to attack the last one... he put his sword away AGAIN!!! :rage:
In the end I got a bit lucky and they seemed to come at me one at a time which I much prefer. Could all baddies please form an orderly queue?
Also I realised I was trying to dodge in the wrong way. The correct control is the ALT key but I was getting frustrated with my failed double tap which is of course the dodge control in Guild Wars. :facepalm:
But I have now made progress and got to a character switcheroo flashback bit. :pirate:

30 Apr 2020 12:58 #28828 by Charlotte
mammoth! :excited:

30 Apr 2020 20:28 #28831 by Valence
Plenty of deaths are happening in Enderal too now that I've got past that puzzle/tutorial phase. I seemed to be dying at every encounter with other creatures (even single, isolated ones!) and I was beginning to think that either the game was VERY challenging or that I was getting even worse at games. :unsure:
But I've just rescued a merchant's pet thingy and then got the chance to buy a two handed weapon for some of my favourite Big Bashing. :evil:
So now I can kill some things a bit easier but I'm still not going back to that shipwreck with all those Skellingtons. :ohmy:

Still quite impressed with the landscapes...

...but the foliage is a bit too cool of a green for my tastes. I'd normally look for a texture mod but seeing as the whole game is a mod then I'd be looking for a mod for a mod! :dumb:
It'd be like a mod Inception. :lol:

I may be tempted to look in the data folders to tweak them myself but then again, the last time I tried something like that I ruined Geralt's face, didn't I?
Better to leave well alone.
Attachments:

01 May 2020 01:10 - 01 May 2020 01:11 #28835 by Valence
Nope, it still doesn't go away until you "do" something...

I think the thing that causes me unnecessary confusion is that when you Equip something it's removed from your inventory even though you're obviously still carrying it and then when you unequip something it messes up your already-full bags again. So I solved it this time by equipping the mining axe stuff that I'd previously ignored and then I magically "wasn't" encumbered. :shrug:

Got some better armour too after a level-up but it doesn't look as cool as my long coat so I'm sticking with the rubbish outfit until I die. :lol:
I also got lost again in that sanctuary/grove place with all those vertical levels. :blush:

AND someone tried to chat to me.
In Spanish!!
I looked at them for a moment... and then ran away. :brb:

Still having fun though so I'd also add my recommendation to Banj if he's still looking for something else to play. :)
Attachments:

01 May 2020 16:16 #28843 by Charlotte
There's a way to apply the look of one item to another but it costs something... transmutation charges, I think. So I'm basically saving that for high level characters that are unlikely to find better armour. :)

02 May 2020 01:25 #28852 by Valence
Always wear a facemask if you have to leave the house.

It protects the bad guys as well as protecting me. :)
Attachments: