Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

09 May 2020 01:50 #28978 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
No spoilers!
But I still have to say...
"Inside" has turned into the weirdest thing I've ever seen! :blink:

Absolutely amazing! And weird. And many other things. But I'm not telling you about it. :nope:
Spoilers. :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2020 21:30 - 09 May 2020 21:31 #28988 by Valence
A small child has invaded my house! :ohmy:

GET OUT!! :rage:

Braith is a nasty little bullying brat. Her dad's a decent fellow but she thinks she owns the whole world. There needs to be more discipline in that house. :stare:

Anywaaay... After removing the child, I then set out on another of those epic adventures. I didn't plan on it being so epic but three hours later says that it must have been epic.
I had to leave Arissa, my normal follower, behind for this one because I knew she wouldn't like it and I thought I'd be getting some help from the mercenaries. And sure enough Aela The Huntress came with me. We get to the place we have to attack and have a little disagreement about which entrance to use. This one seemed good to me but she went off for that one over there.
No matter, I'm sure we'll meet up again inside and work together as a team? :dry:

Yeah, about that...
Aela is now nowhere to be seen and I'm facing off against a relentless gang on my own. And they were tough too! Since levelling up recently it seems the baddies have definitely scaled up with me and now each individual battle is taking quite some time with lots of dodging, blocking and occasionally running away to have a breather before attacking again.
So, battle after battle ensues with many a quicksave/death/reload before battling again. There's one baddie, there's two, there's three, now four? Aela would be pretty useful now, but nope. She's not coming to save me.
Finally I got through what seemed like an entire army by myself, including a rather deadly final boss figure (I did need to summon some magic to take care of him) and with that quest completed I got the instruction to Speak With Aela.
Yes, that WOULD be nice wouldn't it... if she was here! :eyeroll:

At least I can follow the quest marker to find her. It says she's outside so here goes...
Nope. Still can't see her.
I suppose I'll have a look on the map.
Oh, there she is halfway across the other side of Skyrim. SHE'S ONLY GONE BACK HOME! :shakefist:

I guess I'll talk to her later when I finally get there as I walk back slowly in my over-encumbered state.
Yes, I picked up too much loot again including this rather nice helmet...

Just ignore the bodies I'm leaving behind. :dry:
Attachments:

09 May 2020 22:02 #28990 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
ahem "removing the child"? :huh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 May 2020 22:10 #28991 by Valence
It's OK, I didn't remove her from existence. :lol:
I may be Thane of Whiterun but I don't think the guards would let me get away with that.
No, I merely removed her from my house by shoving her towards the door in an "encouraging" way.

10 May 2020 20:31 #29001 by Valence
Sooo, in Enderal I'm at that nice farm (with the dodgy walls) and have had a nice sleep but I need to move on now. There's a big troll that way, two spiders this way and a load of wild dogs over yonder. That leaves only one path I can take and I'm sure that will be free of baddies? :dry:

Wrong!
Bandit camp! :ohmy:
And spying in sneaky mode revealed at least five of them so there's no way I can fight them all and survive.

What does a weak low-level character do? :dunno:

:idea:
Hmm, I wonder. :hmm:
It might just work. Maybe.

I went back over there round the corner to the wild dogs.
"Here doggy, doggy!"
I got their angry attention, but instead of fighting I turned and ran. Not a super sprint to get away, just quick enough to stay ahead. Off I ran with all the dogs chasing, right past the farm, down that path and right through the Bandit Camp!
There was an initial moment of confusion when one of the bandits just laughed at me, saying "What do we have here? Are you drunk??"

Nope, Little Miss Snarky Bandit, I'm not drunk but I am bringing the party. A party of wild angry dogs! :woohoo:
And I kept on running in a Forrest Gump style as all the chasing dogs started attacking the bandits behind me! :lol:

The great Bandit vs Dog war went on for a few minutes leaving me to kill a couple of people that remained including a sneaky archer that I had to hide from for a while before jumping out of the bushes to take him down with a surprise deadly bash!

So now the dogs are gone AND the bandits are gone. I'm safe for another day. :)

10 May 2020 21:20 #29003 by Charlotte
do they respawn? If not, maybe that little cottage can be yours anyway :P

10 May 2020 22:14 #29004 by Valence
I suspect the doggies may eventually. Seeing as it's running on the Skyrim Engine then it'll probably follow similar rules so I expect the bandit bodies to linger for a while.
I'm not complaining cos I got some better armour from them and that might help me survive the next battles without having to run around like the Pied Piper of mad dogs. :lol:

11 May 2020 01:41 #29005 by Valence
...and I've now just had an hour in Guild Wars which consisted of twenty minutes of bashing bandits in a series of story quests followed by another twenty minutes of trying to solve the ongoing Encumbered puzzle.
Just when you thing you've got it they give you another chest of goodies and it starts all over again! :shakefist:
This time I even got a 10 slot leather bag but couldn't equip it because I'd have to first unequip one of my two full 4 slot bags. Can't I please just empty the stuff from that bag straight into the bigger bag without having to sell/use/destroy/delete? :huh:

Then the final minutes were spent doing one of those jumping things to get to the "view" on top of a series of pillars around a statue. And all the while that I kept repeatedly falling off there was someone in front of the statue dancing! :blink:
Perhaps they were celebrating my relentless falling failures. I don't know how you do the dancing (you probably have to pay for it) but they danced there for some time before running off.

Only then did I successfully manage to get to the view in question. It seems I can jump better without an audience. :dry:

11 May 2020 12:57 #29009 by Charlotte
Are you sure your using the cogwheel icon to send ALL crafting materials to storage?

I think you have to buy dance moves, yes. Unless /Dance works... They might have been celebrating their own success at reaching the top. But I too jump much better without an audience. And at least they weren't laughing, like someone did at me once... Meanie! :shakefist:

11 May 2020 13:23 #29013 by Valence

Are you sure your using the cogwheel icon to send ALL crafting materials to storage?

:hmm:
Hmm, seeing as I'm not sure I've even noticed that icon I'm gonna guess at... No. :lol:

Here's what happens. I'm carrying stuff I haven't got around to selling along with things I think may be useful later. I then complete a quest and maybe even level up. Those little animated icons appear at the bottom right above the map. I click on them and get rewards. I'm now over-encumbered. Because I haven't picked the rewards up from anywhere (the game has just awarded them to me) I can't put anything down or just leave it behind, so it just keeps on trying to give me the stuff I can't carry so the pop up message never goes away. I have to wander around the landscape peeping around the message window trying to find a merchant to help me offload stuff even if I dont really want to sell. It's the only way I know to get rid of the popup. :shrug:

I shall investigate this cogwheel and see what solutions hide inside. ;)