April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

18 May 2020 11:43 #29118 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
field a leg? catch a lofted shot? running out? :? :dumb:

I can't recall if you finished Witcher 1? In that, if something was way too hard to kill, there was always a specific way to do it, that didn't involve the usual bashing... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2020 12:05 #29119 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

field a leg? catch a lofted shot? running out? :? :dumb:

I wouldn't bother trying to make any sense of Cricket, it's like trying to comprehend the vastness of the ever expanding Universe (but infinitely less interesting). A wise man once said about the game of Cricket "It's a boring old load of nonsensical rubbish".

18 May 2020 12:31 #29120 by Charlotte

"It's a boring old load of nonsensical rubbish".

:dry: sounds like a general description of anything British :whistle:

18 May 2020 12:33 #29121 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:ohmy: This means war. We wont take this lying down, we will sit and drink tea on the lawn :shakefist:

18 May 2020 12:39 - 18 May 2020 12:42 #29122 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
All you need to know about cricket is that a single game can last FIVE DAYS! And they have an official break for "Tea". :)

And I'm nowhere near finishing Witcher 1. In that game I've just got to the end of Chapter 2 after you get into the big tower, have a short fight with the big baddie and then get to access some different areas of Vizima. Is it the Trade Quarter? I can't remember now. :dumb:
I decided to use that point to have a break and play some different stuff for a while but it may be time to go back to that. :)

As for the big tail swinging baddie in number 3, my best attempts were when I used Axii to stun it, rolled in close to repeatedly slash it with the sword then rolled away as it woke up and swung the tail again. But even those efforts did little to its health.
Perhaps I need some of that blade oil stuff or some kind of level up perk that I haven't got yet.
No matter, though. I've successfully run away from it now so I will only have to worry on my return journey. :P

18 May 2020 12:40 #29123 by Charlotte
If you want war, you'll get war! *stalks off to pickle some herrings*

18 May 2020 12:48 #29124 by Valence
War?
We'll fight back as soon as we're allowed to leave our houses. :stare:

18 May 2020 13:48 #29125 by Charlotte
Just so you know, Sweden has surströmming. We won't hesitate to use it. (As soon as face masks are readily available again.)

18 May 2020 18:41 #29126 by Charlotte
*looks around at empty and quiet battle field*
so.... I guess we'll get back to this after the pandemic...?

Meanwhile, a game called Gothic (1, 2, 3 and 3: forsaken gods) are 75% off on GOG (so presumably a couple of pounds for you guys). The first one is from 2001 and the graphics don't look too impressive. The third is from 2006 and looks better. Reviews seem to go from shite to best thing ever... Anyone play it? Any opinions?

18 May 2020 18:56 #29127 by Valence
Gothic 3 is one of those games that I almost buy every time there's a Steam sale, along with Risen 2, which I think is by the same developer. I always chicken out in the end and keep my coins. :P

As far as I know Gothic 3 is the best of all their games and some people speak quite highly of it. Still looks decent for something that old. I've also seen a few articles/videos about people completely remaking it with mods/modern game engines so you may want to look and try those first. :)