April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 May 2020 13:43 #28873 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I shouldn't tempt fate. The next one will probably be horribly frustrating now. :P
There was a moment earlier on when I had to check online to confirm I was doing the right thing (LIMBO had a few baffling ones that sent me to YouTube) but I realised it wasn't really necessary and after a while you start to trust them enough to persevere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2020 01:26 - 05 May 2020 01:27 #28917 by Valence
Hey, look at me all dressed up like a fancy bandit!
And even those baddies are going for the facemask look too. :)

I hope I get to keep the outfit after this mission...

Spoiler alert: I didn't. :cry:
At least no-one spits at me in the human world. :dry:
Attachments:

05 May 2020 10:10 #28919 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
sorry but no you never get to keep disguises... There are "townsfolk" clothing items for each race though, that I think last for 15 minutes. It used to be you could choose between "civilian" clothing and your armour, but then they made these time limited things instead. I guess they wanted to focus on the outfit sets (which you have to buy with gems which you have to buy with money)...

I used to wish they'd add townsfolk/civilian clothing and furniture to crafting. Not that our home areas are particularly homey either...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 May 2020 02:08 #28934 by Valence
Wind's howling.
Geralt's bell-ringing.
Goat's missing.

Attachments:

06 May 2020 19:30 #28945 by Valence
Meanwhile in Enderal I discovered a nice little farm across the river...

Closer inspection reveals a nice little house too. I wonder if I can make it my home for the time being. I certainly need somewhere to sleep tonight.

And just like that first Skyrim house I claimed, I've left another dead body in there. :dry:

But she attacked me first! :stare:
I don't go around murdering innocent people to steal their homes.
I DON'T! :nope:

Oh, and there are also some nearby cows in the long grass...

At least I noticed those ones. :lol:

I'm still dying a lot though. Not as much as earlier but still too much.
Attachments:

06 May 2020 20:57 #28946 by Charlotte
Did you burn her house down too? Those walls don't look very sheltering to me...

And I'm cursing and swearing (well not really, I've been surprisingly calm about it actually) over the sd-card I got for my cellphone. Seems I can transfer the game in question just fine. All 180 or 190 MB of it. And it seems to have a cache of a few MB. But it STILL somehow takes up all 16 GB of my cellphone as well. And I have restarted the phone. Then I transferred the game back, reformatted the SD card, transferred the game again and restarted again. And I'm STILL out of space on my phone. But I can't find a single thing that takes up all that blasted space. (Well the game says it does but I can't move or delete or figure out what/were it is or anything....)

06 May 2020 22:09 - 07 May 2020 01:40 #28947 by Valence
One of the great mysteries of modern times is the curious way that mobile apps use sd cards and internal memory. I've tried to understand it several times but... :dunno:
Ever declining storage is one of the main reasons why I stopped installing stuff on my tablet.
What game is that again?

And yes, you're right about those walls. The place is a bit run down but it's the best shelter I've found so far. I haven't yet travelled to any kind of town or city so it'll do for now. It has a bed and some nice chests! :)
I'm not sure it'll be safe for storage though. Just over the water there are two spiders that keep killing me, past the cows there's a big troll that keeps killing me and round the back there are three wild dogs that keep killing me. :dead:
Just need to rest and get something to eat for the night. :thumbup:

The game is a bit more survival orientated than the other things I play and I need the food to get my health up before trying to kill... something. I could use potions or magic but that seems to increase your fever. Everything has side-effects here. :eyeroll:
So let's see if that meat I found is tasty enough. :dry:

LATE EDIT: Yay! Another lovely Internet Outage. And just as Geralt was "dinging" the goat to safety. :whistle:
Now I'll have to do it all over again. Ding-Ding-Ding!

07 May 2020 10:48 #28948 by Charlotte
maybe you should just eat that goat?

The game is Design Home. Place furniture according to where the game developers think it should be and not where you want it, and buy new stuff just because the old stuff doesn't match the horrendously saturated wall papers used this week. (But the new items do, of course)

I'm not 100% certain it is this game that takes up space. Maybe it's photos and such. But the phone just keeps calculating and calculating.... and it has certainly said that the 180 MP game takes up 30 gigs of space, but I'm not sure I'm reading all that info correctly... :dumb:

07 May 2020 15:16 #28950 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
First time I stumbled across that goat I very nearly killed her for food until I noticed she actually had a name. Don't know what happens if you do kill her, but it would obviously lead to certain things taking place differently.

The Pellar knows, but Pellar isn't telling :confident:

07 May 2020 16:16 #28952 by Charlotte
Pellar who? :dumb: