May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

23 Jan 2020 14:18 #27587 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:
you should ALWAYS go for the fire mage spells. All games.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2020 02:28 - 24 Jan 2020 02:29 #27606 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Even Subnautica? :lol:

I think this dog must have travelled here from Morrowind....

Just move and let me get up the damn steps! :shakefist:

But once he got out of the way progress was finally made. I managed to get into the hospital after listening to the guard complain about his pay...

Warning: Spoiler!

...and got to talk to Shani again to help her out with flower picking. Her skimpy green outfit always makes me think of Peter Pan or some weird Robin Hood pantomime. :dry:
I'm sure there's a mod to change that but I'll put up with it.
And I advanced one quest by randomly giving some cake to an altar!? I really didn't know what I was doing. I clicked the altar just to see what was happening and it opened my inventory and only a few foody items were clickable. So I tried the cake and then got some important magic stones in return. :dunno:
Don't understand but I'm not complaining. :)

Still can't find that messenger though. A bit of internet research suggests I may have messed up the order of doing things and I'm probably stuck with this loose end but I think another mod might help me offload the badges to someone else. :shrug:
Attachments:

24 Jan 2020 07:26 #27607 by Charlotte
I can't really recall any messenger...
and yeah I think that might be the Skyrim dog. The one I met in the swamp swiftly disappeared on me...

24 Jan 2020 22:38 #27609 by Valence
The animals in Skyrim run off as soon as you get near them (apart from horses obviously. Unless they get scared by fighty things. :dry:) Even the people aren't too bad. Whenever I bump into Arissa she actually says, "Sorry, I'll get out of your way." And then moves! :ohmy:
If only all games could be bothered to do that.

That Witcher dog stayed there for over a minute! Perhaps I should have used that fire spell to warm it up a little and encourage it to shift. :evil:

24 Jan 2020 23:12 #27611 by Charlotte
so where did you have a horse and a dog and a cat? or whatever the animal mix was...

24 Jan 2020 23:38 #27612 by Valence
The cats are a mod so they have their own kind of behaviour and the stray dog became my animal "follower" for a while.
Once they become a follower you can order them about in a come here/wait/go home kind of way but the wild animals scarper as soon as you get close. It's actually quite nice when a stag/rabbit/fox runs along side you for a brief moment before dashing off into the wilderness.
It's yet another reason to take a screenshot for the album. :lol:

25 Jan 2020 00:02 #27613 by Charlotte
ah well, but no followers in the Witcher. Poor Geralt.

25 Jan 2020 00:16 #27614 by Valence
While I was looking for that mod that gave Shani a less ridiculous outfit I did see one that gave Geralt a white wolf follower!
But when I looked at the comments it apparently doesn't work very well and sometimes appears as a dwarf. :lol:

I'll pass on that one. But Shani does now have a more practical set of clothing.

25 Jan 2020 21:03 #27621 by Valence
Yay! I've worked out how to take screenshots in Mass Effect (run Steam as administrator again. :eyeroll:)

Anyway here I am driving my hard-to-drive Mako.... but I don't think that big ship's a friendly one. :ohmy:

Pesky Geth soldiers!
Now I think I need to get up there on the left....

...yes. Right up there...

Up where the air is clear and the lens flare is bright. :lol:
Attachments:

26 Jan 2020 13:41 #27622 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I think this dog must have travelled here from Morrowind....

I think all the merchants followed him from there too. They never appear to have enough money to buy all the junk from me. The other possibility is that they are all part of some illegal price fixing ring that has me marked as a target. :paranoid: