May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

11 Jan 2020 17:17 #27415 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Ah, yes. The blade oils. :hmm:
I remember Abigail telling me about those when she wanted to sell me expensive stuff. And I remember not paying attention because I had no money back then. :lol:
Don't have much cash now either, the guards still have all my stuff so I'd better go and get it back now! :pirate:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2020 17:22 #27416 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
get the recipes and make them yourself!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jan 2020 21:58 #27417 by Valence
I now think that my poor performance against the assassin gang may be down to the fact that I didn't have my Official Witcher Steel SwordTM. I was just using something I'd picked up from some remains and it didn't quite do as much damage. But after one quick trip to Jethro (was that his name?) I now have all my own stuff back (well, almost all) including my proper sword! :)
I then had a quick stroll round the square to make everything clear on my map and found a floaty ghost and several prostitiutes with rather odd animations. :dry:

So I made my excuses and left. :lol:
And then played a bit of Arkham Asylum until I got to a tricky bit with booby trapped gargoyles. They're supposed to be my escape route when I'm taking down armed baddies! :shakefist:

12 Jan 2020 13:18 #27430 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And then played a bit of Arkham Asylum until I got to a tricky bit with booby trapped gargoyles. They're supposed to be my escape route when I'm taking down armed baddies! :shakefist:

That's what floor grates are for :confident:

13 Jan 2020 21:57 #27454 by Valence
I used the explodey stuff on the roof instead. :dry:

And then I spent some time achieving absolutely nothing in The Witcher. This wasn't like the deliberate nothings I do in Skyrim where I just enjoy exploring the world. No, I was trying (and trying hard!) to find some "fisstech", whatever that is. It seems like it's the Witcher version of Moon Sugar and I certainly don't want to know where they rub it! :blush:
Anyway... couldn't find any of it, I thought the weird-faced Kalkstein might have some but no luck, also couldn't get into the hospital to see Shani either. Think I need another ring for that. I'll have to try another quest. I'm sure there'll be one that I can do and then all the others will fall into place afterwards. :shrug:

And seeing as LA Noire works for me (slowly) I handed over some more coins for the extra DLC cases too. I'm obviously nowhere near getting to them but I saw it was on sale again so I may as well invest now. :)

13 Jan 2020 22:42 #27458 by Charlotte
I think it's something like heroin or coke... Not sure you have to rub it anywhere :D - but as to where to find it, I can't remember, so I'm no help at all there... Maybe on crooks? I think you can find it in more than one place anyhow.

14 Jan 2020 03:09 #27459 by Valence
Geralt said that you rub it where the skin folds back. :eek:
I think I'll pass on that one. :lol:

Instead I'm investigating this "hit and run"...

The cases are getting a bit trickier now, which is a good thing. I've already botched up two interrogations and killed some pedestrians during a car chase. :S
All in a day's work, ma'am.
"To Protect And Serve." :aha:
Attachments:

14 Jan 2020 11:26 #27460 by Charlotte
so, is the culprit from the hit and run....you?

as for fisstech, I must have uhm, not listened... :dry:

14 Jan 2020 14:34 #27461 by Valence
No, no, no. :nope:
All the innocent fatalities from the chase were entirely the fault of the man who tried to get away. :dry:
And this particular one is a bit more complicated. :hmm:

15 Jan 2020 21:01 #27471 by Valence
Should have searched that crime scene a bit more at the start. I had a feeling that there was "something else" there. Solved it in the end but could have been better. :aha:

And today my YouTube recommendations reminded me that I haven't played Morrowind for a while...

Got to get one of those inhaler potions! :lol: