April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

15 Jan 2020 22:51 #27472 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think they need higher accuracy levels...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2020 00:11 - 16 Jan 2020 02:06 #27473 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yep, fatigue does that too you. :lol:

But I won't be re-enacting that for the time being. I declare it to be Witcher Wednesday! :pirate:
I've just watched an episode and will now see if I can find the correct quest that will allow some progress in the game. It'll probably be the warehouse thing... :hmm:

EDIT: Coleman has the fisstech! :woohoo:

But I don't know why these kids are following me around. It's like The Shining...

...and equally scary is Carmen's "sexy" dancing. :S

Yes, I agree with that dwarf in the background. :lol:

Anyway, progress has been made but I still can't get into the hospital! :shakefist:
Attachments:

16 Jan 2020 12:43 #27474 by Charlotte
:blink: I don't remember that move.... :dry:
Maybe she's trying extra hard for you :P

16 Jan 2020 13:54 #27476 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Meanwhile in Geralt's clunky and buggy future adventures...

Merchant glitches out, forces my face in his groin and...

Later, after repeating parts of several quests because the game apparently decided to randomly ignore things I had already done (even part way through one where it just forced me to make the opposite choice or I would be stuck in a never ending loop). I finally encounter my not-nemesis, a cat that doesn't really care about my existence (much like real life :dry: ).
Attachments:

16 Jan 2020 14:00 #27477 by Charlotte
"show me your wares" :blink: :lol:

16 Jan 2020 14:14 #27480 by Banj
He wouldn't even let me see his er, stock anyway :nope: . I had to restart the game to fix him. Well done greatest game ever made evah! Well done.

16 Jan 2020 14:42 #27482 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
:lol:

Has Roach done any weird floaty stuff yet? :)

16 Jan 2020 14:58 #27484 by Banj
Not that I have noticed. He has ignored me calling him several times which has just resulted in m running across the countryside instead of waiting for him or looking around to find him. There have been several times when I am desperately trying to get off him to fight stuff but I am glued to him until he throws me off, so I then take damage from things I could have slaughtered in seconds.

The game randomly decides to change my active quests so I end up travelling in the opposite direction from where I want to get to, until I realise and have to travel miles back the way I just came. I hit the button to heal and Geralt decides he'd rather just stay on low health because he's sick of living. I select a spell to use in a fight and it casually uses whatever one it feels like instead.

I discovered last night after getting fed up with the clunky robotic idiot constantly sheathing his sword in the middle of a fight, that I could actually switch it to manual, so it only works when I want it to. Praise the eternal candles or whatever that I don't have to put up with that nonsense any more. If only there was a way to stop the ridiculous walk around in a circle to try and pick up loot that is right there in front of you silliness, but I tried the other movement option that was available and somehow they had managed to make a version of character movement that was even worse than the default.

Not that I'm complaining or anything :whistle:

16 Jan 2020 15:08 #27486 by Charlotte
In the first Witcher, i believe the quest always ended up being the newest one acquired, and you'd have to go back into the journal and select the one you wanted to pursue for the moment... Not sure if that's what's still happening or if it is as random as you claim :dry:

It does seem Geralt has a will of his own, though. Or rather the things around him, do... Maybe I should stay away from Geralt III....

16 Jan 2020 15:19 #27487 by Banj

In the first Witcher, i believe the quest always ended up being the newest one acquired, and you'd have to go back into the journal and select the one you wanted to pursue for the moment... Not sure if that's what's still happening or if it is as random as you claim :dry:

It changes while I am on route. I select a side quest or contract quest in the journal, get on the horse, travel across the country, and suddenly I realise that the satnav dotty line showing me the way to my destination is suddenly taking me back to a different quest location and I have effectively doubled back. What's worse is that I will complete a section of a quest and then it will require me to redo it again later, or just skip part of it entirely.

One quest failed because of that annoying game thing where you accidentally stumble on the thing you need for the quest before you speak to the person that is meant to tell you where to find it, so it just wont let you complete because you did things out of sequence... in an open world game where you are free to explore anywhere you want :facepalm:

The whole thing is just incredibly buggy.