May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

08 Jan 2020 22:24 #27389 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
After not getting the interrogation quite right again (I may be missing a clue? :hmm:) I ended up having to follow the suspect in a car to see where he went. So, just like all those TV shows and movies, there I was behind the wheel, secretly tailing the person of interest as he drove away. Secretly, I said. Covertly. No-one will know I'm there. :dry:
Unfortunately driving is quite a challenge. Unlike other driving games, there's quite a lot of traffic and everyone seems to follow the rules of the road in a realistic way... except me.
Thankfully the suspect doesn't appear to check his mirrors because if he did he would have seen absolute carnage on the road behind him as I smashed numerous cars and trucks, got into various road rage arguments with angry drivers, hit several pedestrians and destroyed far too many lamposts while taking some shortcuts up on the pavement. And all while I was "secretly" following the suspect. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2020 09:16 #27390 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink:
sounds like you should be the one in jail...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Jan 2020 11:56 #27391 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
There are several games engines listed in the free software list on the forum, Godot has been there for a while. :confident:

09 Jan 2020 12:22 #27393 by Valence
I've never tried Godot but videos mentioning it always crop up in my YouTube recommendations. I like the other two because they require no real coding at all and I did once create a little one level platform game with Construct. :)

Not sure I have the patience now.
Or the motivation. :(

09 Jan 2020 12:58 #27396 by Charlotte
was that your point and clicky detectiving game?

09 Jan 2020 14:53 - 09 Jan 2020 14:54 #27401 by Valence
I'd forgotten about that one! :lol:
No, that was done with AGS, which is also quite easy to use but does require a bit more coding/debugging. For my little Construct game I ripped off some characters from LittleBigPlanet and had them running around to avoid some evil snails. It was all very silly indeed. :)

These days I think that if I had the patience/time/motivation/will to live etc. I'd probably make the effort to learn how to make mods to do things like this or maybe even try to build a separate game like Enderal although not on that scale obviously.

But it's all more effort that I can be bothered with now. I think that ship has sailed long ago. :lol:

09 Jan 2020 20:17 - 09 Jan 2020 20:18 #27404 by Valence
Poor Mulush. :(

I was looking around at the bodies and it seems he was the biggest casualty of the massive riot in the city. He used to run the smelter. I wonder who will take over? :hmm:

And while I was walking around, one grieving woman asked, "Weren't you seen with those prisoners?" :dry:
"No, no, no, no. Definitely not me. Must have been someone who just looked a lot like me." :nope:

I'd better move on for a while and let people... forget. :)
So I thought I'd make my way to nearby Karthwasten to see what havoc good work I can do there. At least the moons were nice on my travels...

...and I've managed to snaffle some Markarth Guard armour from one of those bodies. It's a similar design to the Stormcloak outfit (which I like) but doesn't come with the hassle of everyone thinking that you've taken a side in the war.
Attachments:

11 Jan 2020 14:55 #27412 by Valence
I went back to my Witcher-y ways last night and I seem to be having more luck killing monsters than nasty humans.
I sat through several cut scenes where people told me about the fearsome creature in the sewers and how deadly it is, how it rips out your internal organs etc. Killed it with a single stroke of the sword. :dry:
Then later I spent half an hour repeatedly dying at the hands of a gang of Salamandra Assassins. As soon as they surround me I can no longer put together combo moves without being stabbed in the back and then there's the distant archer picking me off. :eyeroll:
I managed to survive after the Nth attempt with just a few pixels of my health bar left and then I hammered that quicksave button! :lol:

11 Jan 2020 16:29 #27413 by Charlotte
blade oils....

11 Jan 2020 16:29 #27414 by Charlotte
oh and that speedy potion thingy...