April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Dec 2019 17:09 #27278 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
But if that's the best one you might be disappointed by the first one if you play that later... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Dec 2019 18:13 - 30 Dec 2019 21:18 #27279 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Hooray! :woohoo:
It's that time of year when you take a week off from doing art and then come back to find that you've forgotten how to paint. AGAIN! :eyeroll:

Only one thing for it.... Install some more video games. :evil:
At least I never forget how to do that or watch TV shows etc. :)

I've just put on Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Mass Effect has another 7GB to go. *twiddles thumbs*

Get modding that Witcher 3, Banj.
I'm very envious. And we want screenshots of how lovely it looks! :lol:

EDIT:
Mass Effect is just as impressive as I'd hoped. I'll have to pay attention to all that storytelling. I like the way they handle the interactive dialogue. It helps to stop the exposition from being quite so heavy.
And Witcher update.... Abigail is the most capitalist witch I've ever encountered. Other characters give you quest items. She just tells you about them and then offers to sell them to you at a rather chunky price! :ohmy:

31 Dec 2019 10:35 #27285 by Charlotte
As far as I recall you don't need to buy anything off her and she's good for selling stuff to, as well. (Basically the items you can buy from her can also be gained through harvesting or killing monsters)

I got two freebies today.
Hello neighbor looks funny but is described as a horror game. (Epic)
Tower of Time, I have no idea what it is. I clicked it for more info and it was just added to my library :P (GOG)
ToT is currently at 0.4 % installed :dry: (HN is at 16%)

Also considering buying the full Witcher Bundle. I bought another (cheap) game for Xmas but... it's not quite what I had hoped...

31 Dec 2019 12:39 #27286 by Valence
I don't have the silver sword yet but Abigail says she can make my not-silver sword better with these ingredients.
What ingredients, Abigail? Ah, yes, the ones you want to sell.
Also she has a couple of books that I'd like to read. There are a few quests that I'm not allowed to do until I "know" about certain creatures. Of course I already know about them but I need to "know" about them in a specific way that makes the information appear in my journal. The books may indeed do that but they cost hundreds of coins! And I don't have that kind of dosh just yet. Perhaps I need to get better at that Dice Poker thing so that I can hustle some drunks. :)

Meanwhile Mass Effect continues to be very good indeed! Really impressive facial animation and acting, although I do recognise the voices from other games. :lol:

I got a few Steam coins for Xmas and I'm thinking of finally giving in to LA Noire before the sale ends. I know the PC version is buggy and a bit beyond my specs but this way it's not really MY money I'm wasting. :P

Enjoy your installing, Charlotte! ;)
*checks time* Hopefully you'll be playing by now.

31 Dec 2019 14:18 #27287 by Charlotte
Nope, not playing yet. The Epic game is installed, the other is at 40%.
And to make up my mind about the witcher bundle I might need to give W2 another go.
on the other hand I have finished pretty much all "my" netflix serieseses so... maybe it's time for a film...

31 Dec 2019 20:06 #27298 by Valence
Have they installed yet?! :shakefist:

Speaking of films I watched Paddington 2 today and I laughed lots of times! And I played a bit of Mass Effect. And I failed with another horrid painting (after the holy cow one.)

My New Year's Resolution is definitely to somehow remember how to paint.
Otherwise I'll be just installing more things to play. :(

31 Dec 2019 20:57 #27299 by Charlotte
yes both are now installed. The Tower one just finished but then it was on pause while I tried to play the Witcher and uhm, had a nap...

Currently watching Annihilation.
And I tend to avoid new year's resolutions... Still I do intend to cut down on carbs (again), so obviously I have to end this year with pizza and ice cream... :aha:

31 Dec 2019 21:28 #27300 by Valence

And I tend to avoid new year's resolutions...

As do I. I have no interest in making arbitrary promises that I have no intention of keeping. :)
But I just wish that starting painting again was as easy as giving up. :lol:

31 Dec 2019 21:45 #27302 by Charlotte
you seem to post something every day even when you say you're not painting... :dry:

31 Dec 2019 22:35 #27303 by Valence
I think the last one I did was 11 days ago! Not that I'm counting. :dry:
The cow doesn't count as most of it was done a while back, I was just fiddling with edges today. Perhaps I should just find another old picture and fiddle with it. :lol:

Did you enjoy Annihilation? I remember liking the vague ambiguity of it all although I think there was maybe one scene too many at the end.