April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

31 Dec 2019 22:38 #27304 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Not sure what I thought of it... It's a bit weird :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2020 02:34 - 02 Jan 2020 02:37 #27312 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I think Geralt must have eaten too many Brussel Sprouts at Christmas.... but that's enough about the Circle Of The Windy Wanderer. :giggle:

And after I'd stopped sniggering I had a fireplace rest and then went off to do a night-time quest where I go to a riverside drowner-killing party. :pirate:
But where the hell are all the drowners?? :dunno:

Come on! I'm waiting!!! :shakefist:

They did turn up eventually... at about midnight! :eyeroll:
Lot's of killing ensued. Plus some bonus Squirrel killing. (But not real squirrels. You know, the other ones. :dry:)
Then I got to level up and meditate and decided to improve my intelligence. Which now means I "know" a bit more about some monsters AND can pick flowers without having to spend hundreds of coins on Abigail's extortionate books. :cheer:

I am starting to feel sorry for Alvin though. He keeps getting handed off like a child-shaped game of Pass The Parcel. :dry:
Attachments:

02 Jan 2020 09:00 #27313 by Charlotte
:ohmy: you killed the squirrels!?

02 Jan 2020 12:48 #27314 by Valence
Oops. Was I supposed to "not kill" them? :oops:
They seemed very aggressive and I didn't like their tone. :stare:
Don't they know who I am?

02 Jan 2020 12:59 #27315 by Charlotte
If they were there for some contraband I believe it's one of those choices you can make that somewhat changes something else in the game? Not sure, but if those were the ones, I spared them.
Kind of like, you can only get that girl's eh... card... if she survives. So I'm not sure how big a change it makes.

02 Jan 2020 14:06 #27319 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

They seemed very aggressive and I didn't like their tone. :stare:

That does sound like an accurate description of squirrels to me.

02 Jan 2020 15:14 #27321 by Valence
:lol:

I could tell it was gonna be one of those "choices" but if the squirrels want me on their side then they'll have to learn some manners first. :)

03 Jan 2020 12:53 #27331 by Valence
Geralt died last night. :dead:
Is that the first time I've died? I can't remember dying at the start when I didn't understand the combat. Maybe I did. :shrug:
Anyway I have now definitely died in a proper way. It was a gang of Salamandra on the bridge. Poor Geralt was a bit slow to take his sword out and they got in too many early blows. :(

So after a reload I thought I'd approach the bridge with my sword ready.... but Geralt will only let you draw your sword (slowly!) when a fight has started. :huh: Dead again.

Third time now and I did somehow get him to walk up to the bridge with sword out and.... Geralt put the sword away for the pre-fight cut-scene. :rage:
But I didn't die that time. :woohoo:
Magic is the secret ingredient. :aha:
A quick blast of "Aard" while Geralt sloooowly takes his sword out and then I have enough time to hack a few of them to death. :)

Memo to self: Use magic in group fights.

03 Jan 2020 13:11 #27332 by Charlotte
I don't remember not being able to draw the sword whenever.... I do remember accidentally putting it away multiple times, though.
Also don't forget that blade coatings can increase your damage in combat ;) (Assuming you choose the right one but of course you will inevitably be attacked by something it's not good for, while it's active...)

03 Jan 2020 20:14 - 03 Jan 2020 20:18 #27333 by Valence
"Follow me!" says Alvin... and just stands there!
"Follow me," he repeats.
Yes, kid, but where???? You've got to move first. Why aren't you- Oh, wait. You want me to do the thing to the thing first. OK, I get it now. I forgive you. :lol:

Uh-oh, now I feel another big fight coming on. :S
But wait- Geralt is taking his sword out during the pre-fight cut-scene! :woohoo:
Cut scene over. Back into live play and... His sword's sheathed again. :eyeroll:
Quick, get it out before... :dead:

Reload, repeat, until... :pirate:

I think the main rule for being a Witcher is... whenever you visit a small village always make sure it's a nicer , friendlier place when you finally leave. :dry: :XD:

Onwards to chapter two.....

PS. And Shani is one of those lovely characters who is faster than my walk but slower than my run.
Run. Wait. Run. Wait. Run. Wait. Walk a bit. Run to catch up. Etc.