May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

07 Jan 2020 20:37 #27364 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
And now that I've been promoted I get to wear a lovely smart suit! :)

And my frame rate is still all over the place. It's like a random number generator. :lol:
This is not one of the best optimized PC ports that I've played. :confident:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2020 21:32 #27365 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
and this was which game, again? :p
(not Skyrim or the Witcher, as far as I can tell)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Jan 2020 22:41 - 08 Jan 2020 02:31 #27366 by Valence
:lol:
I think all those cops would love it if I pulled out a sword and screamed, "Fus Ro DAH!"

But no, this is LA Noire and I've just got through the first few cases and now I no longer have to wear the uniform on patrol.
The game is not quite as open and interactive as I thought. So far it feels like at lot of connected minigames that do hold your hand and help you progress the story. But maybe that's just the early tutorial bits. Perhaps it will get more complex as you progress.

EDIT: ...and one case futher along I can say that it does get a bit more complicated. I now have to work out when to merely Doubt and when to accuse someone of lying. I probably should check my notebook more. :)

08 Jan 2020 04:51 #27368 by Charlotte
What? :ohmy: Groundless accusations aren't OK???

08 Jan 2020 12:45 #27369 by Valence
It's easy to tell when suspects/witnesses aren't being truthful. They look as guilty as a small child that's just stolen the last bit of chocolate. :lol:
But I was initially confused about whether to respond with Doubt or Lie and I got a couple of them wrong during an interrogation. After a bit of research I now know that you should only go for Lie when you have some actual evidence to contradict them. :confident:

08 Jan 2020 13:29 - 08 Jan 2020 13:30 #27371 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Geralt of Rivia rides into the village and dismounts his horse. He casts his mutant eyes around at the measly dwellings scattered about him. Then he walks into every one, casually taking everything that can be looted while the inhabitants lay in their beds, and their children play on the floors. He whistles for Roach. Then he walks over to the horse that has decided to ignore his call and has instead settled itself into eating some hay. He mounts the disobedient horse and rides off to the next village to repeat the process until he is so overburdened he can no longer run, but must stroll slowly about.

No wonder folk have so much hate and distrust of Witchers in these parts. Hm. :hmm:

08 Jan 2020 15:16 #27373 by Charlotte
:D

08 Jan 2020 17:19 - 08 Jan 2020 17:20 #27378 by Charlotte
I haven't felt much like investing time and energy into more adventurous games lately, so I kind of just want to waste some time on "casual" games. Like the Tribez, yes.... But it's so much work taking care of all those islands... I've been playing a cooking game lately, which I never expected to play for very long, but now that I did keep playing it, it's being "discontinued" (and I'm not entirely sure what that means but I assume game friends and such won't be accessible even if you can open the game...).

So I've been trying to find something else, and yes, you know me - I'm trying some villagy builderish stuff. Not finding anything quite to my liking though. Why is it game creators can't think logically? Like... who the hell makes a wooden water bucket out of a toolbox and rocks? In a pottery shop? :dry:

I wish I was able to make my own games. They'd be like the super bestest ever. :woohoo:

EDIT: Oh and I meant to ask. Any tips? :p

08 Jan 2020 18:19 - 08 Jan 2020 18:20 #27386 by Valence
Tips for games or tips for making your own?

For the latter I'd try out Stencyl or Construct or Godot .

For just playing I'd try.... erm. I dunno. :lol:
I still don't think I've played a building game since The Settlers. :dry:

08 Jan 2020 18:25 #27388 by Charlotte
I meant to play :P
But I might check out those things...

I'm tired of needing a million shovels for expansion and frying pans for all the residents AND the market... :dry: