April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

31 Jan 2020 20:40 - 01 Feb 2020 01:36 #27682 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It was meal time at Jorrvaskr in Skyrim. Everyone tucked into their bread and slurped their mead but Ria just stared at her plate for ages. She clearly wanted that delicious sweetroll but didn't want the calories. :lol:

One of these days I'll get around to doing proper quests again instead of lazing around and taking photos. Promise. I will. Really. :dry:

EDIT: And I'm keeping that promise! I think it's time to finally do Way Of The Voice (FINALLY!) and climb that mountain.
To Ivarstead! :pirate:

...and I can never resist a photo going past Valtheim. :blush:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2020 21:56 #27695 by Valence
A journey of seven thousand steps still begins with a single step...

...and three-thousand-and-something later I could probably do with a rest and a hot drink! :lol:

But I did make it eventually and it's beautiful up at the top. I did have trouble finding the 8th tablet though. I blame the blizzard conditions up there. Yeah, definitely wasn't my fault. :oops:
Attachments:

01 Feb 2020 22:10 #27698 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
yes... the blizzard seem... blinding... very overwhelming.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Feb 2020 23:09 #27699 by Valence
It was worse higher up! :stare:

:lol:

03 Feb 2020 20:26 #27717 by Valence
Killed the Necromancer in Vas (that's Morrowind!)

The Buoyant Armiger came along to help... and get in the way! :eyeroll:

She also did a lot of magic-style fighting by conjuring ghosts and I couldn't tell the difference between the "friendly" ghost and the "baddie" ghosts so the fights ended up lasting a little longer than necessary. :dry:
Attachments:

04 Feb 2020 21:02 #27719 by Valence
I now have the "RO!" to put on the end of my "FUS!" :)

Still don't have the "DAH!" at the end. I suspect I may get it at the end of the next "story" quest but it involves me going waaay north to an area I've never been to, so I suspect that won't be happening for a while. :P

And every new battle in Mass Effect sends me ever closer to Easy Mode. Last night I got stuck on an annoying fight that happens straight after a long unskippable cut scene.
So it was... Cut scene. Immediate death. Reload. Cut scene again. Instant death. Reload. Cut scene AGAIN! etc.
And before you tell me to Quicksave, you can't save during combat. :eyeroll:

Very sick of watching it I was. :yoda:

05 Feb 2020 02:33 - 05 Feb 2020 02:34 #27724 by Valence
Now that is what I call A View!

But nice as it may be up there, it is time to leave. We must all move on. And as is usually the case, climbing back down was much quicker and easier than going up. Gravity, huh? And all the angry beasties were still dead so I didn't have to fight anything.
So now I'm back in Ivarstead I can continue with- Uh-oh, wait a minute.

Erm...
Hello?

:hmm: I don't know who these people are but I think it's gonna be trouble! :S

Nice masks though. :)
Attachments:

05 Feb 2020 13:42 - 05 Feb 2020 14:13 #27740 by Charlotte
Oh no!
June's Journey (hidden object thingy where you decorate the family grounds to get to higher chapters) needed to be updated and now they've placed an ugly airfield right next to my windmill! Oh, the view from there is entirely ruined! :cry: Not to mention the planes risk scaring the way too big and long-legged horse with a silly red plume on it's head that I bought by accident...

EDIT: what's with all the game updates? :stare:
(Yes, I have moved on to the next one. I'll never understand why so many games build in means of preventing you from actually playing the game, like limited energy etc.)

05 Feb 2020 20:58 #27749 by Valence
The long-legged horse sounds scarier than the planes. :lol:

I killed those two creepy people in Skyrim and now I'm the one wearing the nice mask. :P
They even hurt my horse at one point (not a long-legged horse though.) That made me very angry! And after the fight was over I couldn't find him. They'd better not have killed him. :ohmy:
*whistles*
Ah, there he is. He was just hiding behind a tree. :)

And back in the real world... Another day and another cloud gaming service launches. This time I've been seeing lots of articles about Nvidia's GeForce Now.
I think I'll try this one out because they have a Free account option. It links with your Steam/Epic games but I still don't understand the "Install" part. The whole point of cloud thingies is NOT installing. :hmm:

05 Feb 2020 21:20 - 05 Feb 2020 21:23 #27750 by Charlotte
not as scary as annoying... They didn't take perspective into account on horses, so they have normal length legs even though they're viewed from "above". I have a couple of beagles though, that actually look "up" at the viewer (me) which I think is nice :)

Attachments: