April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 Oct 2019 00:44 #26358 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Wish granted!

And as you can see a disapproving crowd gathered so I thought I'd better move the body...

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2019 00:47 #26359 by Valence
Also....

....as you can see I went for the individual minstrel because there were too many guards by "The Boyband" but when I did go back to get harrassed by them, when I pointed the camera in the right direction another option appeared at the top...

I can hire them?! :rock: :lol:
Attachments:

21 Oct 2019 09:09 #26361 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Perhaps you should have opted to kill him in a dark deserted alleyway, like I suggested? :blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Oct 2019 15:23 #26375 by Valence
It's tough being an assassin. Some customers are never happy. :lol:

Anyway after that.... (and this is a long one.)

(Previously on Morrowind.... I killed some guy at a Sixth House base, looted the place but contracted some disease.)

And it's a nasty disease. None of the normal healing potions work and everyone looks at me as if I'm gonna infect them. So I talk with Caius and he says that if I want to be cured I have to go meet a Telvanni Wizard who lives in a tower South-West of Sadrith Mora. I hate Sadrith Mora, it has that castle that I always get lost in and I'm not a fan of Telvanni places either, they're always remote islands in the middle of nowhere. And sure enough Caius says it's a remote island with no boat service so I'll need some water-walking potions and Telvanni don't like stairs so I'll need levitation potions too. :eyeroll: ( I actually have a levitation spell that cost me 500 gold but my magic stats are so poor that I can't use it so it'll have to be potions.)

With all my potions packed I go off to Sadrith Mora and eventually find my way out of the castle. (Eventually!) Down to the coast I go, I look South-West and can't really see much in the distance but it's definitely supposed to be that way. Time for my water-walking potions. *gulp* And off I stride across the surface of the water.
Those potions are really great, or at least they would be if they lasted longer than a few seconds. Before you know it I'm plunging into the sea and this long walk is now gonna be a even longer swim. And in Morrowind, "swimming" means "getting attacked by slaughterfish!" And what a lot of fish there was. So many that my armour deteriorated to the point that it's useless and I'm not carrying any spare clothes (I carry all kinds of useless things but not spare clothes) so I'm now gonna be naked for the rest of this quest. :blush:

But I manage to survive by swimming fast and occasionally poking my axe under the water at the snapping beasties and then I finally arrive at the island with the Telvanni tower. If only there'd been a boat service it'd be so much easier...

...wait a minute! My eyes may be deceiving me after all that effort but that looks a lot like a [SWEAR-WORD] boat!! But Caius said there was no service from Sadrith Mora. Maybe it's just a fishing boat. Or maybe it's a service to somewhere else. I'll ask the woman...

:rage:
So it DOES go to Sadrith Mora. I can only assume the boat only goes one way. Charming. :eyeroll:
Anyway onwards to the tower with my fish-bitten naked body. At least I have those levitation potions. *gulp* And up I go floating around the top of this organic looking tower trying to find a way in. An opening? A window? Something? Nope, I can't find anything up there and just like the water-walking potions they"re gonna be running out soon and I'll be faaaaaallliiing. Just like that.
Thankfully I managed to hit the slopes of some rocks first and bounce a little bit before striking the ground, so I'm still alive. I pick up my battered, bruised, fish-bitten naked body, turn around and see...

....oh, look. There was a door at ground level. :facepalm:

On a more positive note, I went inside and after chatting with the wizard's wives I sneaked down into the dungeons where the other infected people are and there was an actual living Dwemer down there! :ohmy:
Wait until Trebonius hears about this!! Wish I had some of those books for him to translate but I still don't know where to find a copy of "The Egg Of Time." :shrug:
And I'm not googling it just yet. :)
Attachments:

21 Oct 2019 15:43 #26376 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
You are virtually up to where I got to months ago and stopped playing. You even managed to do the same thing I did and fly around looking for a way in and realising I wasted a valuable levitation potion when I found the stupid door.

21 Oct 2019 15:55 #26377 by Charlotte
:dry:
so not only do those wives have to share a wizard but they also have to greet all the infected naked men who comes swimming to the place. I bet they hired that boat woman to take people OUT of there (but never the other way)

21 Oct 2019 15:58 #26378 by Valence
Are those the chests you couldn't get into?

There's no way I'll be able to unlock them but I have "heard" that there are some keys around here somewhere. :hmm:

21 Oct 2019 16:02 #26379 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
They might very well be the chests I couldn't get into. :aha:

21 Oct 2019 18:33 - 21 Oct 2019 19:01 #26381 by Valence

:dry:
so not only do those wives have to share a wizard but they also have to greet all the infected naked men who comes swimming to the place. I bet they hired that boat woman to take people OUT of there (but never the other way)

:lol:

At least you can find some consistent logic in games. :)

QUICK EDIT: There's a key on the wizard's desk!
And after a bit of Moonshadow invisibility the key is in my pocket! :evil:

Yes, I said, "pocket." The wizard has lots of goodies to steal including clothes. :)

21 Oct 2019 19:11 #26384 by Charlotte
so is this wizard you're robbing supposed to help cure you or are you stealing the cure, too?