April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

11 Oct 2019 11:37 #26227 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I was coming here to tell you about that one. :)

It sounded like your kind of game in a spacey No Man's Sky way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2019 11:48 #26229 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
sound more like aven colony (which I haven't played in ages) but yeah, sounds like I might enjoy it :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Oct 2019 12:10 #26231 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Speaking of more space (again), I downloaded Surviving Mars from Epic Games today (plus a couple of extensions or whatsits) for are currently free. Probably because a lot of other stuff is "coming soon".

Ah, I didn't see the free dlc stuff when I grabbed it yesterday because I didn't scroll down far enough... *adds free stuff* (I wish they would allow you to add multiple things before going to the checkout :shakefist: ).

11 Oct 2019 12:16 #26232 by Charlotte
yeah it was a bit annoying... both placement and having to go through the checkout three times...

It's still installing on my computer... Not that I intended to play immediately anyway. I've promised my coach to see if I can focus on painting things that'll bring in money (however little). It's going so-so :P

11 Oct 2019 13:50 - 11 Oct 2019 14:10 #26233 by Charlotte
did you install the game Banj? Any idea how longh it took? I think I'm just over 80% done and it's been hours... (granted I'm using the internet, painting and listening to music at the same time, but still.... :dry:)

EDIT: apparently GOG installed an update for No Man's Sky too at the same time :P (Which probably means I need to enable mods, again...)

11 Oct 2019 15:29 #26237 by Charlotte
this is a bit creepy... I started the tutorial for surviving mars... and the rocket looks like an orca. I once had a dream where there were alien orcas and people were hiding in the walls of their spaceship/rocket... like rats... Not too bad a dream, though. But still... :blink:

11 Oct 2019 17:28 #26238 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Nope, haven't installed it. I just collect them and occasionally look at the increasing list of games that I haven't played. Then I close the launcher and go and do something else. :aha:

11 Oct 2019 17:30 #26239 by Charlotte
:blink:

11 Oct 2019 20:43 #26240 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Obviously Banj needs more space too. :)

11 Oct 2019 21:34 - 11 Oct 2019 21:35 #26241 by Charlotte
Apparently.
Meanwhile, I have finally found a planet with green grass, blue water, few sentinels and nice weather. But I'm having trouble finding energy sources. I found one, tried to build a base and got so fed up with the way all the building blocks DO NOT snap with anything but their own kind... - what's the point of ramp like wedges if you can't attach them to the floor? Why can you add some building blocks on top of each other but not underneath? Why won't the actual structural building blocks snap with the foundation building blocks (and vice versa, obviously) - that I deleted the base and went looking for a new site. Of course I'll have the exact same issues there.

:stare: