April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

24 Oct 2019 15:49 #26450 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
But it's a single player game with... an "ending"? While I love subnautica I also like games that can be played forever... :P Although I guess if one plays it like you do, it can go on forever :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2019 17:14 #26451 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It will be a sad day if/when I finish Skyrim. But if/when that happens I think I'll just install some more mods and start it again with a different character. :P

And if I ever finish Morrowind then I'll just move on to Oblivion which is waiting untouched in my library. :)

24 Oct 2019 18:00 #26452 by Valence
...but a lot of people seem to be getting hyped about Outer Worlds at the moment so maybe you should save your money for that? :hmm:

24 Oct 2019 18:03 #26453 by Charlotte
what's that then? (what, did I hear you say Google? :D)

24 Oct 2019 18:38 #26454 by Charlotte
hmmm I read a Swedish review. Doesn't really sound like my kind of game :p

24 Oct 2019 18:41 #26455 by Valence
Not enough building! ;)

24 Oct 2019 18:58 #26456 by Charlotte
Exactly! :D

25 Oct 2019 13:51 #26464 by Valence
After completing Arissa's backstory quest (it was shorter than I expected and had far too many creepy spiders along the way :eek:) I ended up in the north west of Skyrim again far from my usual hang-outs so I thought I'd roam around over there for a bit. I decided against going to Solitude (even though I could see it in the distance) because I don't really want to get caught up with General Tullius and the looming war, the same reason I steer clear of Windhelm. I don't want to be taking sides yet. :S
So I went the other way to Markarth to look into that murder/conspiracy. I made sure I wasn't followed and sneaked into that temple for a shadowy meeting with the guy who had slipped me the secret note. "Good, you weren't followed," he whispered and I chuckled to myself for actually checking that beforehand. :) I suspect all is not as it seems but I now have to do some more snooping and questioning, in a secretive subtle way of course. :paranoid:
I then had a look around in the keep and found that there's a Dwemer museum in there! I wasn't allowed to look without talking to some other guy, but I don't want to meet with him yet. I recognised his name, he sent me a letter a while back indicating that he wants to buy my Dwarven Bow (how does he know I own one? He must have spies everywhere!) and I certainly don't want to sell. So, without wishing to antagonize someone else, I left the keep behind and then got involved with some Stendarr guy looking into a creepy abandoned house that may be haunted!

And after all those antics it was sunrise again and the light was so lovely I just went for a peaceful walk outside the gates. Well it was supposed to be peaceful, but a Khajiit thief lunged at me from behind a tree. Killed him quickly and got the decapitation killcam. The body slumped to the ground but because we were on a fairly steep slope the head flew off and started bouncing down the hill! So I did what any normal human would do... I chased after it! :woohoo: (I remembered that bear corpse previously sliding down a hillside and didn't want to miss out on the fun again.)
So Arissa and my good self sprinted off down the slope trying to catch up with the bouncing head! It was like one of those weird cheese-rolling races that idiots take part in every year, but with this kind of race whoever gets ahead gets a head. :lol:
Didn't catch it, although I did get close before it rebounded off a rock and splashed in a river. I waded in but couldn't find it, I think the fishes ate it. :shrug:

Just another eventful night in Skyrim. :)

25 Oct 2019 13:58 #26466 by Charlotte
If the people who chase cheese downhill are idiots, what are the people who chase heads? :dry:

25 Oct 2019 14:08 #26468 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming