April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

12 Oct 2019 00:42 #26243 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It's like IKEA!
You've got to follow the assembly instructions.

:eh:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2019 10:17 #26245 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: but I didn't get any instructions :huh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Oct 2019 14:24 #26246 by Valence
Last night I went on a quest to a mine to kill a nasty person who was causing trouble in the area and unlike previous screenshots that had glorious clear skies or lovely hazy sunlight, this journey took place in a big thunderstorm. Riding on my horse I could barely see a few metres in front of me with the thick mist and the heavy rain blowing in my face.
But before I even got to the mine I heard an angry shout to the left. I looked down from my horse and could still not see much, but the compass showed a red dot so I knew it was gonna be a fight. So I jumped off and charged on with my sword and sure enough I was attacked. I hacked away and killed him and then another appeared. They were from that Forsworn group of baddies (I don't know much about them, there's some kind of conspiracy quest in Markarth involving them but I haven't done that yet.)
By this time Arissa had jumped off her horse and joined in and as I looked back to her I saw an arrow flying from behind us. More of them? An ambush?? :ohmy:
So I ran back that way and saw another figure in the rain and mist. I swung the sword a few times to kill him and then looked down at the body and... It wasn't a Forsworn guy. It was an Imperial! Oh, dear, that's gonna cost me. Oops. :oops:
Obviously this guard was chasing those baddies. But I didn't know! It was the middle of a thunderstorm! Rain! Mist! Couldn't see! Perfectly acceptable non-psychopath excuses!

And of course one guard means two guards, they're never alone. Hack, swing, kill-cam with decapitation. :evil:
And then, THANKFULLY, I got the message "Last witness killed, Bounty removed." Phew. So we'll just sweep that crime under the rug.

Although I guess there is still one "witness". Arissa wasn't too happy and her regard for me went down considerably. I'd better make a start on her personal, backstory quest to try and win back some favour. :S

At least I found some Orichalcum when I finally got to that mine and killed the nasty man. :)

12 Oct 2019 14:58 #26247 by Charlotte
mmmm orichalcum

Subnautica Below Zero is a lot like that on land. Well, no forsworn or imperials (or orichalcum) but snowstorms a plenty. You get lost in an instant... (I do, anyway. But of course I can't just stand still and wait it out either because I'd freeze to death if I did...)

12 Oct 2019 15:12 - 12 Oct 2019 15:14 #26248 by Valence
I mostly remember orichalcum from that Indy game Fate Of Atlantis but in Skyrim it's used for Orc weapons.

So I did some smelting at the furnace to turn the ore into ingots and now I should be able make some new weapons or maybe upgrade some of the many swords that I've been hoarding. :)
And I'll be able enchant them too after collecting those souls (including the one from that pesky bear!) :lol:

12 Oct 2019 16:34 #26249 by Charlotte

after collecting those souls

:eek:

12 Oct 2019 17:28 #26250 by Valence
Not in a psychopath way. :lol:

12 Oct 2019 18:28 #26251 by Charlotte
Nobody ever claimed the Devil was a psychopath, though, did they? :dry:

14 Oct 2019 20:59 - 14 Oct 2019 21:00 #26270 by Valence
:evil:

Ignoring devils, souls and psychopaths for a moment., after numerous hours of play I've now encountered my first crazy Skyrim glitch! :woohoo:
Whenever I get on my horse, my companion follower Arissa summons one for herself to ride along behind me, but the other day her summoned horse appeared in a rather awkward place on a stone stairway. It stayed there for a moment before some strange "game physics" launched it into the air! Upon reaching the height of its trajectory it proceeded to gently float back down to the ground like a feather. Arissa then got on the horse and rode off as if nothing had happened. :blink:
I would have got a screenshot but I was laughing too much. :lol:

14 Oct 2019 21:16 #26271 by Charlotte
wingardium leviosa! perhaps arissa is hermione in disguise?