April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

27 May 2021 17:34 #35055 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
:lol: ... It's hard to find any movies with some originality these days.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2021 18:47 #35056 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
According to the subtitles there are a lot of "Dubious Instrumentals" in Locke & Key. Not sure how to interpret that, to be honest :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 May 2021 14:37 #35060 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Interpret it dubiously. :confident:

I started on Frankenstein Chronicles last night. I was prepared to switch to something else if I got bored but I was enjoying it enough that I got through three episodes. :)

Also slowly getting through those terrible old Star Treks where Uhura sings cringey songs about the space devil Spock and Kirk teaches young Charlie some basic Judo moves whilst wearing some hilariously inappropriate trousers. They were so tight you could almost see the Captain's Log. :dry:

28 May 2021 15:05 #35061 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:blink:
I rather liked Frankenstein's Chronicles too, until it got closer to the end. I did not like the ending. :stare: (And I'm pretty sure I've already said so...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 May 2021 15:09 #35062 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Last night I watched Spider-Man: Far from home. It was... okay. I really wish the MCU Spider-Man had more in common with the original comics character and wasn't just Iron Man's Robin fighting Iron Man's enemies with Iron Man's resources behind him and making constant reference to Iron Man.

28 May 2021 15:20 #35063 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, they definitely push that with all those Iron-Man references. ... I'm actually not sure if any of the streaming sites I use even have the newer Spider-Man movies? At least I haven't seen them and would think they might be showing up with the other MCU movies on Disney+ ... At least for Homecoming or Far from Home, but I have seen both of them though. Not sure I really cared for the overall story of Far from home either, but it was entertaining to a degree I guess. But I'm hoping the next one picks up some though.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

28 May 2021 15:47 #35064 by Valence
If I remember rightly I preferred Homecoming. Far From Home felt a little too much like one of those American Teen Eurotrip "comedies" that I try hard to avoid.
I think the Spiderverse thing is on normal TV this weekend in the UK if that's more to your tastes, Banj. But I didn't much care for that one either. :lol:
All those visual gimmicks gave me a headache.

28 May 2021 15:56 #35065 by Banj
I've seen Into the Spiderverse, I thought that was OK too. More enjoyable than I expected it to be.

28 May 2021 15:59 #35066 by Valence
I wanted to go into the settings to turn off the chromatic aberration and get a consistent framerate. :P

28 May 2021 16:09 #35067 by Banj
Yeah, the chromatic aberration was a little over done at times, I didn't mind the frame rate changes especially as they were motivated and not just slapped in for the sake of being "cool" (like say excessive slow motion and extreme shallow depth of field for no reason. Not mentioning anyone in particular :stare: )