April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

29 May 2021 22:30 #35085 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I had a loong search around Netflix for my Saturday Night Movie and as usual I wasted far too much time failing to decide. So instead I'll delve into my recent recordings folder and watch (re-watch) ...
Fight Club.

Haven't seen that for a long time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2021 00:15 #35086 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Actually just finished up watching the last two episodes of 'The Nevers', which wasn't bad. But short, only 6 episodes. (Didn't get the impression there would be a second season, but never know?)

Just threw in 'The Flight Attendant'. (HBOMax) Put it in my List quite a while ago to check out, but never watched it. Just about done with the first episode, and the Wife is actually watching it with me. Feeling a bit tired after being up late last night and not getting much sleep. So just chilling out today.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

30 May 2021 14:25 #35089 by Valence
Haven't seen The Flight Attendant but it has been shown on TV here too as I vaguely remember adverts for it. :P

Fight Club was longer than I recalled but I didn't get snoozy until that odd ending.It's a strange film that hasn't aged too well. All the visuals and effects are fine (along with those David Fincher extreme close-ups) but the themes and ideas which seemed profound and provocative when I was younger now just feel a little childish and naive.
I'm clearly too old for all that edgy smugness and have replaced it with my own kind of boring, slighly sleepy smugness. :lol:

31 May 2021 16:48 #35102 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Not sure how old it is? I've had it saved for a while, and it wasn't bad overall I guess. A bit too much on the alcohol referencing though, and I think it was actually on Cinemax and not HBO.

I finished it this morning and then finished up re-watching the last few episodes of 'Warrior Nun' before heading out to cut grass. (Had to let it dry some first. Stays so wet here, morning dew is always thick.)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

31 May 2021 19:00 #35103 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Caught a few minutes of NCIS on TV earlier and two of them were going door to door questioning retired high school teachers (someone died at a reunion). "Five down, six to go".

Now watching Lucifer, going door to door trying to find the right fence, called TJ, in Hollywood.
"Six down, five to go..." :blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 May 2021 20:39 #35105 by Charlotte
Decided to login to Guild Wars (2) for once, since that would unlock some new bit of whatever it is I've missed. Apparently Lion's Arch is (yet again if I remember correctly) in ruins. But I have no time for that. I decided to log in as my highest level human and.... got 5 birthday pressies. Seems most of my characters haven't been played for years so I'm now going to go through all of them and unlock wardrobe dyes (as that is what we're getting every birthday - at least we're not still getting the same little mini-queen for every character every year; you can only ever use/have one on your account anyway so it was rather annoying).

31 May 2021 21:48 #35106 by Valence
Sounds like a very "gamey" post for the Trailer Park thread. :whistle:

I think that at any given moment NCIS is always on TV on at least one channel. I'm surprised that they haven't worn out the videotapes yet. Because I'm sure TV companies still use videotapes. :dry:
:dumb:

31 May 2021 22:40 #35107 by Charlotte
:blush: oops

Well this isn't a game. Just watched the season finale of Lucifer and it would make a pretty darn good place to stop, but.... apparently there will be a season 6. :dry: Don't tell banj. He might faint. Or die. :dead:

31 May 2021 22:55 #35108 by Valence
We must make him watch it. :stare:

I'm just watching last night's Fargo as I got too distracted by painting/gaming yesterday. So far it hasn't been as interesting or funny as previous seasons but there's time for that to change.

01 Jun 2021 09:24 #35109 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
I'm worried you have nefarious plans for Banj, now.... :dry: