May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

22 May 2021 21:54 #34988 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I've seen the "teasers" Netflix shows but I just can't say it's captured my interest...
and Castlevania isn't new, I don't think. There's 4 seasons of it. But I'm on episode 3 and I've quite lost interest :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2021 23:11 - 22 May 2021 23:15 #34990 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Almost fifteen minutes into Army of The Dead and I'm already sick of the music. Hope it stops soon. :dry:

Edit: Thank God for that. I thought it was gonna be a musical for a while. Zach Snyder does like those indulgent slow-motion musical montages.

23 May 2021 18:03 #34991 by Charlotte
After my peek at Castlevania, Netflix decided to recommend a whole slew of anime so I watched another one. Something with Dragon... Dragon's Dogma maybe? Seemed each episode was named after one of the seven deadly sins. First episode was gory and pretty much ended with everyone dying and it felt depressing, so I moved on and am now watching one called Dragon's Blood instead. It's better made and has a wee bit of humour at least. So it's watchable, so far. (Based on a computer game, it is :yoda:)

23 May 2021 19:16 #34992 by Valence
Was just about to say that Dragon's Dogma is a video game. Then you said it's based on a video game. :lol:
Or was it the second one that was a video game too? :dumb:

I fell asleep through a large chunk of Army Of The Dead so I can't confidently say if it was rubbish or not. :dry:

23 May 2021 20:00 - 23 May 2021 21:46 #34994 by Charlotte
[Dragon's Blood says it's based on a game called DOTA. But I guess the dogma one can be based on a game too - I just didn't see any mention of it. Never heard of (or played, obviously, since I didn't hear of them) either game.

Edit: and oops that was the last of the season...:dry:

23 May 2021 22:17 #34995 by Valence
Isn't DOTA one of those big eSports games where people play for lots of money in big tournaments like League Of Legends? I've seen some of those big events on TV and when I try to watch them I have literally no idea what's happening on screen and it seems like the commentators are speaking a different language. :dumb:

24 May 2021 09:08 #34996 by Charlotte
I have no idea. :dumb:
Also I've recently read about a school here in Sweden which decided to include e-sports in the curriculum. A sports high school. They'll have a bunch of athletic kids and then this one group of nerds who'll learn ONE game. :blink: Somehow that just doesn't make sense to me.

24 May 2021 11:49 #34997 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I really don't know why I keep doing it to myself, but last night I sat through Army of the Dud... I mean Dead (or do I? :paranoid: ). I can see why Valence fell asleep. It is probably the dumbest thing I have seen for quite some time. And why did they let some kid with Microsoft Word do the opening credits? I feel like I was losing many brain cells while watching and probably started turning into a :zombie: myself. :dumb:

24 May 2021 12:44 #34998 by Charlotte
Maybe that's the plan? Maybe that's how the zombiecalypse really starts?

24 May 2021 12:54 #34999 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Considering how many people are under the illusion that Zack Snyder actually has any idea what he's doing, I would say we are already in the midst of a zombie apocalypse then :zombie: