April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

07 May 2021 14:05 #34772 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I have a question... I actually have the movie 'Aquaman' playing right now, and why is it he seems to be pretty much indestructible in his own movie? Bullets bounce off, swords don't penetrate skin, (chest) and high power explosives/grenades just make him say 'Ow'? (Seems more akin to Superman's abilities the way they show it.)

Or am I wrong? I just don't recall them portraying him as such in the later movie. Unless I'm just not remembering it the same. Could have sworn he seems to get a bit beat-down and is more vulnerable.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2021 15:09 #34773 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I have no idea, I haven't seen it. I haven't actually seen the Snyder Cut (The Snut?) of Justice League either. But in the Snyderverse they are all interchangeable with one another anyway.

07 May 2021 16:07 #34774 by Digital Dave
Overall, I like watching or at least checking most of these movies out being they are the sort of action/adventure I generally enjoy. Meaning their environment, atmosphere, etc. but not always the stories or characters themselves. But I was never one for comic books for some reason, so I know I don't have as much knowledge as some others might, if they grew up getting to know them more intimately.

As far as characters/worlds as a whole, I much prefer the Marvel Universe over DC. Never was a big fan of most of the DC stuff to be honest, but have found some of the Movies enjoyable and entertaining.

07 May 2021 16:26 #34775 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'm looking at an online tv guide for things to watch tonight.... I've previously noticed that they tend to repet info, especially the names of the actors. Sometimes it says "Actor A and Actor B goes to Hollywood. Name A (Actor A) and Name B (Actor B) goes to Hollywood in this American movie by Director C. Director: C. Actors: A & B." Or they list a bunch of actors and then they start reusing names here and there. Not just accidentally posting a double but identical list, but inserting a few names twice.

Today, they are apparently having fun with movie posters. Tonight, on Swedish telly, there's a film called Spotlight, about a group of journalists who uncovered a bunch of Paedophiles within the church, in Boston. They use the Russian Poster. On another channel they're showing Ghostbusters from 1984, listing the original actors - but showing the poster from the latest version (as far as I know) with female ghostbusters and a Hemsworth bimbo...

Oh and earlier I ended up watching a bit of Lego Jurassic Park. :blink: I don't see the point of having lego characters in animated shows at all (though they did some funny things with it I guess), but the dinos were kind of cute.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 May 2021 16:30 #34776 by Charlotte
Also just went to Netflix and there seems to be a new superhero series on there. Never heard of it or the superheroes but.... still.
Jupiter's Legacy
(I first thought it'd be some kind of sequel to Jupiter Ascending :p)

07 May 2021 18:43 #34779 by Digital Dave
Couldn't help ya there. I haven't been on Netflix in a bit now. I know I have quite a few things marked for later viewing still, but don't recall that one. But I have seen Jupiter Ascending...

I've been checking out more things on HBOMax here lately, and presently just threw on X-Men, Dark Phoenix. - I usually just click on the first thing I see that I figure might be worth throwing on, but then things happen and makes me wonder why the hell I put it on in the first place. ... Like how they will Kill off certain character that are actually in original versions of these movies, dated at a later time. (Don't like to spoil things, so no names mentioned) But I know they probably have some stupid idea of how this can actually be, but it just doesn't make good sense and makes it look like they just do whatever to throw another version of something on, and make it fit their new vision. I still believe if you're going to somehow go back and make earlier versions of something, you should still follow the original vision and simply tell the earlier story some might be interested in, not make up new versions.

07 May 2021 19:04 #34780 by Charlotte
The entertainment industry is far too fond of killing people :confident:

07 May 2021 20:24 #34783 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

The entertainment industry is far too fond of killing people :confident:

And some of that is in the things they create :paranoid:

07 May 2021 21:20 #34786 by Charlotte
Yes. A fraction.

07 May 2021 22:12 #34789 by Charlotte
Watching Jupiter's Legacy now. Not particularly impressed. First I was mainly distracted by the bad make-up (by which I include "aged" actors, the long grey hair of "The Utopian" etc. Everything looks kind of fake, probably because the actors are playing themselves some 60 years apart - apparently super heroes live longer than others and the old generation was married for some 40 years before they had kids.) But the story and characters are.... not very interesting. The characters (new generation) are grumpy cliché tweens and the story so far is a bit of "poor little rich girl", except instead of money they inherited super powers. Boohoo.

I'm not sure I'll keep watching this series...