May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

19 May 2021 03:52 #34929 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Well her name was Ava... so... probably :p

I watched Murder Mystery (just a silly comedy with Aniston and Sandler) yesterday. Then I went to bed. Had a cool dream I can barely remember. And then I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. But I'll try again, shortly.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2021 11:34 #34939 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I started on Jupiter's Legacy last night and was rather unimpressed by the first episode. It desperately wants to be like Watchmen but in reality it's much closer to those goofy-looking Flash/Supergirl crossovers.
They didn't do a very good job of making actors look older, didn't really convince me with that 1920s Wall Street set and then when the action kicked off at the end it seemed very... cheap. :S

I also began a rewatch of ye olde, original Star Trek but I'm not entirely commited to finishing it if I find myself something else. :)

20 May 2021 12:16 #34942 by Charlotte
Yup all that was pretty much my impression of Jupiter's Legacy as well. Still watched the whole season, but... I kept wishing "The Utopian" would wash and comb his wig. I mean hair.

20 May 2021 16:36 #34947 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I'm actually running through the Marvel Universe once again at the house whilst working, and Harry Potter while at work. - Peacock has Marvels in timeline order, so think I'm on 'Thor Dark World' at home. And Peacock has the HP series and I'm on Prisoner of Azkaban (HP3). There's some others I would rather watch, but these are just to have something in the background playing. Others I will watch when I actually sit down and 'watch' them.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

21 May 2021 20:28 #34970 by Charlotte
Just watched The New Mutants, with Maisie Williams and that actress with the huge eyes (Queens Gambit). And some others. Not sure it added anything to anything. Kind of predictable and I kind of rolled my eyes at the end when one of the characters quote the old "my dad told me there are two bears (or wolves) in every man, one bad one good bla bla bla.... who wins? The one you feed". If that had been something NEW, maybe it had been a kind of cool thing to say at the end but now... just another cliché to end all clichés. So to speak.

22 May 2021 16:45 - 22 May 2021 16:46 #34974 by Valence
Just got two episodes left of Jupiter's Legacy. I kind of like the intriguing "old" story from the 1920s, even if it still looks like a load of modern people at a fancy dress party. But the actual superhero stuff doesn't stop being dull and silly. :dry:

Edit: is the New Mutant thing on Netflix or was it on something else?

22 May 2021 16:56 #34976 by Charlotte
It was on something else. Viasat Premiere I think.

22 May 2021 17:45 #34979 by Valence
I won't waste my time searching for it then. :)

Think I may end up watching that Army Of The Dead thing tonight even though the trailer looked/sounded preposterous. :dry:

22 May 2021 21:19 #34984 by Charlotte
Anyone else ever try to watch Castlevania? Netflix seem to always have that one on the lists it recommends for me. I like the backgrounds, but the animated characters feel kind of rushed and sloppy. Both in drawing and animation. And the whole initial premise is just stupid. If you wanted scientific knowledge, would you really seek out Dracula to find it? Since when is he a scientist?

22 May 2021 21:32 #34987 by Valence
No, it hasn't appeared on any of my lists yet.
Have you watched any of those Robot Love Death things yet? The animation in those is pretty interesting and varied even if it is occasionally inconsistent.