May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN Mar 2015 Challenge - Tribute to Nimoy - WIPs

10 Mar 2015 22:46 #9512 by microscopi
Wow the transition from the two last WIPS looks great, it's cool to see the changes you made to make his skin pop off the page, just smoothing and adding more light does wonders !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2015 13:49 #9515 by jessie
Valence - That is looking amazing! The last one is spot on. Great job.

11 Mar 2015 14:19 #9516 by CherryGraphics
It looks really good valence :)

and thanks for liking my idea for the poem. ;) I just began with the background, the silhouettes will not have the colorful outlines they have at this time.

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

11 Mar 2015 18:21 - 11 Mar 2015 18:21 #9521 by microscopi
That's cool Cherry, I like seeing your beginning process,usually you have more done at this point. The pic looks setup great right now with the silhouettes, are you going to detail them all?? That would be a big undertaking, unless you're going to have the poem words in the foreground and slight bur in background of characters which would look cool too. :woohoo:

11 Mar 2015 19:16 #9523 by CherryGraphics
aaaah thanks micro :D nope I won't detail them all. I want them to be the blurry party crowd, nameless faces in the background with just some reflected highlights. The more detailed one will be the woman's face which will be reflected and highlighted from the lights. I can see it clearly in my mind .. but will I am skilled enough to get in on screen .. I don't know. :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

12 Mar 2015 01:31 #9529 by microscopi
COol sounds like just what I was thinking, want to see it come together, you'll do good you are great drawing women, don't worry. :cheer:

13 Mar 2015 17:40 #9561 by jessie
Basic concept and shade blocking with references. The idea is to have the Spock be seen in the shadows of Nimoy? Does that make since? It may not work out....we shall see.

File Attachment:

13 Mar 2015 20:38 #9565 by Valence
Cherry: Lovely linework as usual and those neon colours are really vibrant!

Jessie: Excellent likeness already. It certainly looks like it's gonna work to me. And a nice style too, after seeing your work in the gallery I wanted to ask, is this vector work? Or just really well controlled painting?

And an update from me… I think the likeness is a bit better now, getting that left cheek right in the previous wip was a really important stage and now I think the right eye sits a bit better beneath the brow. I'm now going leave this for a bit to switch to Photoshop and try to do a background and if that works then I'll recombine them and unify the colours a bit more, there are some edges and areas in the portrait that are a little too bright but I don't feel comfortable changing them until I know what I'm doing with the background.

Attachments:

13 Mar 2015 22:00 #9567 by SchizophreniaWolf
surreal painting, Valence, I know you used a picture; but stil it has this deph in the expression and the atmosphere. If the blue in the back was a little bit more desaturated I (I!) would say is was done. You fear in all of our hearts you painting maniac ;)

14 Mar 2015 00:09 - 16 Mar 2015 14:05 #9569 by kazky
Jessie, great to see you here and a fantastic start
Cherry, as always a very intriguing idea

Valance, superb a very poignant image actually, Spock was always so tough and to the point and this image is so vulnerable. Excellent