April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Dave's Digitals

17 Aug 2017 13:30 #17703 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
:lol:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2017 01:06 - 18 Aug 2017 01:16 #17704 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Did some running around tonight, but I did get to sit down for a few moments with this. Basically just worked on cleaning it up some, mostly edges, and removing some of the lines still showing. But I really wanted to try out the polka-dots, just to see if they would work. ... I threw some in to test, but haven't shaped them to the folds just yet. Wanted to get a feel if they were working... I really like the look and think it knocks the red back nicely too. :) ... But there's something about the guitar that's bothering me, I just can't put my finger on it? :dunno:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

18 Aug 2017 07:12 #17705 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
It doesn't have any strings? :p

I think the erm... OK I dunno what different parts of guitars are called, but it seems to me that maybe the right side isn't quite aligned with the left (body?). :unsure:

I like how the dots came out too :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Aug 2017 11:36 #17714 by Digital Dave

It doesn't have any strings? :p

:blink: ... real funny lady :lol:

But you are correct, it is called the body. Then the neck connects to that, and then the top is the head. And the area where you hold the different notes are along what they call frets, or fingerboard. ... But yes, I will take a look to see if it's all lining up. Thanks

Weekend looks a little busy, but I'm hoping to get some free time to work on it.

25 Aug 2017 01:27 #17801 by Digital Dave
Got bored waiting for time to pass, so started blotting in some colors and shapes with a big brush and a few leaf brushes...

Attachments:

28 Aug 2017 23:56 - 28 Aug 2017 23:59 #17842 by Digital Dave
Back to the optometrist, part II - :shakefist:

First, I had a funeral to go to this morning for my Division Chief's Mom passing away, and I wasn't feeling all that well, but wanted to pay my respects. So I didn't stay too long, and was planning to leave work early anyway. So I had the wife call and got the good news my glasses were in! ... Well, wouldn't you know it, I get there and they too were wrong. :huh: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! #&$%@... I could only see out of the top 1/4" or so, but most of the lenses were blurry, since they were set up mostly for reading. They are supposed to be 2/3's computer glasses, (center and top) with the bottom 1/3 portion or so for reading. For when I'm reading or drawing up plans.

So I'm trying to explain to the young lady who was helping me, that these won't work and that they're done wrong, again. And she's like 'well, it will take some time to get used to them, but this is how these lenses work. :eek: (I wanted to pound my head on the desk, or better yet, hers!) :lol: - She said well, if this is where they marked you at, it should be right. - Just then the guy who helped me originally walked passed and I said 'well, this is the gentlemen that marked up the lenses when he was helping me'. ... So when he inquired what was going on, I told him what the problem was. (in about 30 seconds) He held the glasses up and immediate said 'WHOA, these are set way too high. The reading prescription should only be near the bottom, not this high'. - I simply looked at the girl, who then said, 'Well that's just what he's been saying!' :giveup: ... So the guy measured the prescription area, looked back at the paperwork and said they were indeed 4 or 6mm off the original measurement, and that they would have to send out for new ones to be made up once again. (I even had him knock the reading portion down a tad more just to be safe, since I mostly use them for computers) ... So with any luck, the third time might be the charm? But I'm not holding my breath. :P

29 Aug 2017 01:53 #17843 by Digital Dave
Using my wife's new glasses, I started adding some life to the old fella...

Attachments:

30 Aug 2017 01:22 #17862 by Digital Dave
Fooled with a bit more...

Attachments:

31 Aug 2017 21:02 #17901 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Dave's Digitals
I love all the variety of different greens.
Great textures too!

01 Sep 2017 11:15 #17905 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Valence. Just doodling until my glasses are in. :) But I actually had an idea the other night that I would like to try with this. But it will probably have to wait until sometime next week. - I've been extremely busy doing not only my work, but also filling in for my Division Chief. He's been dealing with quite a bit these past couple weeks, and hasn't been able to return to work just yet. ... His Mom passed away the Friday before last (8-18-18) and on her birthday none the less, and her funeral was this past Monday. Then we learned that his Father passed away yesterday morning. Unreal ... So I will probably continue to cover all this week at the least, and they're calling for more storms, so time will be short.