April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Dave's Digitals

05 Aug 2017 19:07 #17393 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Well, I just got back from my eye appointment. They numbed my eyes and dilated the pupils for testing, so I can see clearly now just how blurry everything still is!!! :blink: And the drive home was fun. ... I'm having what they call 'Office Lenses' made, so hopefully this will help with the issues I've been having. Top portion for computer use, and lower portion for reading. - I'm not sure how much I will do until they come in, which is two weeks, since making myself strain to see right just makes things worse and gets aggravating. All depends on how I feel until then.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2017 19:48 #17394 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
That diluting of the pupils is fun... I did that once for an eye examination and I looked like an owl afterwards. Not to mention the world outside was blinding.... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been allowed to drive home! :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Aug 2017 00:08 - 06 Aug 2017 00:11 #17397 by Digital Dave
You are absolutely correct there! And I asked that very same question to them, since my wife had it done before. Something like 10 years ago, she was told to have me come with her because they didn't want her to drive afterwards, and we only lived a mile from the place! - This time, we are more than 20 miles away with pretty bad traffic, and they said it shouldn't be too bad. :blink:

We actually had back-to-back appointments today, mine at 11:30 and my wife's at 12:00noon. And yep, they did us both! :ohmy: So we looked like a pair of owls. But they did give me a small tinted insert to use with my computer glasses and gave my wife the full tinted 3D paper glasses that look like the ones movie goers get, only blackened throughout. - The funny thing was it took some time for both appointments, so when we were finally done, my wife said she really needed a drink and was also a little hungry. So we stopped by a Chick-Fil-A to get a bite. - I was already hating the insert thingy, so opted to remove it while we went in to eat, And my wife, not wanting to feel silly, chose to not wear those ridiculous glasses she had, so she opted not to wear them in either. ... ...Well, this did not go very well. :S First, it was like we were seeing the sun for the first time, as if we had lived underground until today! Then, while trying not to burn our retinas out and averting our eyes the best we could, this also had a tear gas effect as well. So we had tears streaming down our faces by the time we made that long trudge (100 -120 feet maybe?) to the front door. - We might not have looked as foolish as we both thought that tinted plastic they gave us would have caused, but I'm sure there were some folks there that were wondering what the hell were we on, or what was wrong with us. Squinting our eyes and constantly wiping them, as if we had been sprayed with pepper-spray.

So no, the trip was not fun at all, I got more and more aggravated as traffic got worse and my wife even joked about me getting so damn ornery. (took 40 or so minutes) I have already made it clear that if these test are ever needed again, one of us will only be there to drive. I would much rather make two trips, then to go through that crap again. :P

06 Aug 2017 12:20 #17404 by Charlotte
lol sorry but you do make it sound fun. And I remember that too - that feeling that someone might throw you out or call the police thinking you're "on something" :P

06 Aug 2017 14:02 #17407 by Digital Dave
Yeah, at one point, I remember thinking this could be a form of torture! - Then I had another thought, I'd hate to have to bring a little kid, maybe 4 or 5 in and they had to have it done. I'm sure they would be an absolute joy to have to deal with! :lol:

At least it's over with now. Though the entire evening last night, as well as this morning, I still feel like a have bunch of crud in my eyes. The wife just left to go get some eye drops they suggested we use for Allergies and dry eyes. Hopefully this helps...

09 Aug 2017 11:20 #17485 by Digital Dave
While on a phone meeting last night, I got an idea for an avatar to match the recent theme. So I figured to spend 10 - 15 minutes and throw it together. But I actually ended up spending the whole hour on it, and I'm hoping to finish it tonight. :lol:

09 Aug 2017 23:01 #17521 by Digital Dave
Well, I was hoping to work in some... But my eyes are acting up quote bad right now, and I'm having to zoom way in just to type this. But anyway, here's the idea I was playing around with.

Attachments:

10 Aug 2017 09:14 #17523 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Dave's Digitals
I love that Dave! You should really go to town on shiny highlights. Love the teeth, they are somehow cute :D

10 Aug 2017 11:20 #17531 by Charlotte
Eeep! Creepy! (yet, as kazky says, yes somehow a bit cute too, probably because it reads as a head with a large eye and not just as one eyeball...)

10 Aug 2017 11:31 #17534 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Kaz and Charlotte. - If my eyes are not acting up again tonight, I'm hoping to work on it some more. Actually it was those darn teeth and the mouth area that I got hung up on. I wasn't planning to detail them, but simply have them more cartoony. ... But the detailing it what I usually get lost in. :)

Thanks again