October - It's Inktober! (no contest)

Deadline for entry:

September Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Dave's Digitals

11 Oct 2017 08:47 #18605 by kazky
oh that's looking lovely! I especially like the cracks in the tree, nicely done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2017 09:47 - 11 Oct 2017 10:19 #18606 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Kaz. I have a lot of fun when it comes to making trees and for some reason this one wanted to be dead-ish, or evil. :) Depending on how you look at it.

Thanks, Charlotte. So maybe that's it, I didn't make it small enough? I think I stopped at 3MB, but maybe will see if I can shrink it down closer to 2MB. ... As I mentioned, I had been asked how my process worked and thought to put this together to demonstrate it. But I was able to post it on Facebook last night, where the inquiries were most recently asked about.

Also, it's funny you mention her eyes. I always thought she was beady-eyed, but every time I spaced them further apart, it just didn't look right? I also had issues with the bridge of her nose, and didn't like it. - As for their mouths being the same, that very well could be! :D You know how those warriors of that day were. Have you not seen GOT? (Game of Thrones) :lol:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

11 Oct 2017 10:26 #18608 by Digital Dave
Well, just tried to reduce the size of the GIF again, but still not working? Made it 1.9MB, then 1.3MB, but both still show as exceeding the size limits. Weird.

11 Oct 2017 10:30 #18609 by Banj

Digital Dave wrote: Well, just tried to reduce the size of the GIF again, but still not working? Made it 1.9MB, then 1.3MB, but both still show as exceeding the size limits. Weird.

Try again now.

FAQ/Site guides: cgartnexus.com/index.php/help/faq

Feedback, suggestions, problems with the site ask here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/suggestion-box

11 Oct 2017 10:33 - 11 Oct 2017 10:33 #18610 by Digital Dave
Ok, I'm actually trying the 3.4MB I originally created first. Seems to have at least loaded...

Thank you sir, seems to have worked. :)

Attachments:

11 Oct 2017 10:35 #18611 by Banj
That possibly solves Crankshafts problem as well.

FAQ/Site guides: cgartnexus.com/index.php/help/faq

Feedback, suggestions, problems with the site ask here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/suggestion-box

11 Oct 2017 10:41 #18613 by Digital Dave
Hopefully so. I know I've seen you guys speaking about posting issues he's had. But thought it was more related to the abundance of images he likes to insert at one time, and that exceeding the size limits? But I also didn't read it thoroughly either.

14 Oct 2017 04:25 - 14 Oct 2017 04:30 #18647 by Digital Dave
Spent a little more time on this one tonight. Started fooling about with the flowers, but either I'm not feeling it, or they are not right as is? I spent most of the time redoing them in a few different ways, but think I will sleep on it now and see if I can revisit this weekend.

Attachments:

14 Oct 2017 07:46 #18650 by Charlotte
I think you only need to keep working on them with more shadow and highlights and the flowers will be fine :)

14 Oct 2017 11:33 - 14 Oct 2017 11:33 #18653 by Digital Dave
Thanks, I will keep working on them. Maybe I'm just getting aggravated. ... I started out making them more lighter, then darkened them up some, and then back to lighter again. I wasn't sure if it's just the way they were coming out or they need to be different that's bothering me. Started thinking maybe they should be a different type of flower altogether? But I also didn't want to go too crazy, with say roses that would take a long time to do. :)

I'll see if I can get some work on them over the weekend.