April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

04 Nov 2021 22:54 #37704 by Charlotte

Do mushrooms count? 
I know it's hard to see anything - it seems I made pretty much all my icons/thumbnails too small. In the beginning I kept making them too big, so apparently I over compensated in the other direction this time around. I'm going to have to redo almost all of them. Yay. 

(and when I say the image is too small or too big I mean the part of the image that actually contains something, as the images themselves are always 512*512 and 128*128 pixels respectively.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2021 12:49 #37705 by Banj

Do mushrooms count? 

I don't think so. I don't think they can read either. 

05 Nov 2021 12:56 #37706 by Charlotte

05 Nov 2021 22:04 #37721 by Valence
Wasted an hour tonight doing another of those far-too-yellow paintings but this time gave up on it, switched to Blender and used the rest of my time to try that poly-modelling base mesh technique again.

And failed again. :(
I think good topology is never gonna be something I can do. :shrug:

23 Nov 2021 22:28 #38040 by Charlotte
I haven't really done anything since before Halloween... But today I finally got around to using uTinyRipper to look at the Foundation files. Can't say it made me any wiser. A lot of the materials seem to have failed to be extracted? Or are not loading for other reasons... They're just bright pink. Which means all the items mainly look bright pink. Though there are also more models of everything than you need when modding. So there are three files for the bed I was to look at. One called bed is actually only the cover. One is called bed prefab, and one is the complete bed. But the prefab also seem to be the complete bed. Except it's all pink, and the non prefab has a coloured cover. But the single cover is all pink, too. Also, Material seems to have two "fields", one called size and one called element 0. And element 0 seems to be the name of the material that should change when someone owns the bed.

I also browsed through the other folders, and looked at (among lots of other things) the in game item icons. For the mods, we're told these should be 128*128 and 512*512 respectively, but the game's own icons are all 188*188 and varying sizes for the larger ones (from 500-something to 600-something).

I'm now more confused than ever before.
:dumb:

24 Nov 2021 11:25 #38046 by Banj

24 Nov 2021 11:46 #38047 by Charlotte
But I AM once again feeling like making little 3D things! :woohoo:
And I've just gone through my previous bundle and corrected some items for the floor height (basically, the floor is 5.5 cm high and things are placed on the ground, so the lower 5 cm are hidden when placed indoors and visible when placed out of doors).

25 Nov 2021 00:11 #38066 by Valence
Tried to do another sculpture portrait today and the results were... questionable. :dry:
It seems like that orc (which I was happy with) is now becoming a distant memory that may have been more to do with "beginner's luck" than any kind of permanent progress.

Must try harder. :stare:
Or just give up. :lol:

25 Nov 2021 10:03 #38067 by Charlotte
I made a pig yesterday. A straw pig - except I don't have a straw texture yet. I COULD NOT get the mirroring thing to work, so I had to do all four legs separately :stare:
And one ear ended up with inverted normals. :stare:

25 Nov 2021 10:18 - 25 Nov 2021 10:19 #38068 by Banj
If the mirror function is problematic, you could try duplicating them then scaling them with a negative (or positive if it's the other side) value across the axis which basically does the same thing.