April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Michael S Berglands Sketchbook...New Computer. Ya!

25 Jun 2015 09:34 #11492 by bergy68
Thanks Cherry, I didn't mean to stare but He or She caught me. :pinch:

It is a great City. A bit expensive to live in thou. I envy you I wish I lived in Europe somewhere or the UK.

I dug up some more old stuff (Sorry) But when I did these in 09' I never was able to share them since I didn't own a scanner. But now I do. This was a period where I was really into Viking artifacts and decide I wanted to do my own designs of some Norse Gods.

First is Loki. You may recognize this from the old IFX days.
Second is Thor. The symbol on his arm is the Viking rune for thunder.
Third is Odin
The last drawing is just a character concept that was inspired by a girl I saw walking down the street. She was dressed very much the way you see it here, aside from a few changes made for the purpose of doing a character concept. I call her Chassy.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2015 06:00 #11502 by CherryGraphics
Oh damn I LOVE them!

I love the nordic mythology and so you caught my heart with these drawings! the tiny details and the ideas behind them are really really nice.
I think I'm never able to do something like this with just pencils... :ohmy: :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

26 Jun 2015 08:33 #11504 by Charlotte
Love the old norse guys. All the detail makes me feel inspired again (I've been planning to paint the norse gods for years now but I never seem to get anywhere. Mostly because I want to start with Freya and she isn't cooperating with me :P. I did a series of norse drawings ages and ages ago - like the 90'ies - and I got stuck on Freya then too which is why I want to get her right this time...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Jun 2015 13:38 #11509 by Domtopia
What are they drawn with Mike?

It looks like pen.

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

26 Jun 2015 21:22 - 26 Jun 2015 21:41 #11533 by bergy68
@CherryGraphics, Thanks for the kind words Cherry. ;)

@Charlotte, Glad to hear you found some inspiration in these Charlotte, Can't wait to see your Freya.

@Domtopia, As Cherry pointed out there all done in pencil. Laid out with a 2H cleaned up with B lead.

On a side note, I haven't had any any booze for 26days now. Soooo....Desktop coming soon!!! I had my laptop stolen from me about 4 moths ago. This desktop will be my second custom build. I'm really looking forward to building my own Desktop again, so rewarding once its all assembled.

01 Jul 2015 10:22 - 01 Jul 2015 11:07 #11600 by bergy68
Hey Guys,

So I'll have a new desktop in about a week or so, which means I can finally get to work on my art again cause this old laptop that was handed to me SUCKS. Zero power. Good for going online thats about it. I thought I'd give you some of the specs that will be in it. I'm also building it myself, it'll be my second PC build.

Windows 8.1 ( I will upgrade to Windows 10 like most people will since it is free for 1 year.)
CPU: AMD FX -8350 8 core processer
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX (surports up to 32gb of memory)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Memory 16GB 2X8GB DDR3-1866 CL10 Dual Channel Memory Kit
Video Card:Radeon R9 380 or 370 4Gb card or an ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4Gb ( I haven't decided on a brand yet, May be an Asus or Gigabyte Radeon card)
HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5IN Internal Hard Drive
SSD:Samsung 850 EVO Series MZ-75E120B/AM 120GB 2.5in SATA III(for my OS and maybe drivers as well for VC and Mobo etc.)
PSU: EVGA 600B Bronze 600W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
DVD Drive: LG GH24NSC0 DVD-RW 24X SATA
Case: Antec 900

That about sums it up. This should give me all the powere I need for digitl art with large brush sizes as well as for my games :P I do like my games.

01 Jul 2015 10:38 #11602 by Charlotte
There are 8 core processors? :ohmy: *Has just learned about 4 core ones*

I'm way behind. Maybe my 'puter is in need of upgrading too but I'm not noticing much yet... (I think mine's a dual core which was all new and shiny when I got it...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Jul 2015 10:46 - 01 Jul 2015 10:51 #11603 by bergy68

There are 8 core processors? :ohmy: *Has just learned about 4 core ones*

Ya AMD has a diffrent arcitecture for thier processers then Intel does. Some prefer Intel some AMD. All my desktops (this will be my third) have been AMD's I like them personally. There real work horses but I've heard Intel has a slight edge for use in digitl work. I suppose I'll find out when its done. ;)

I could be wrong but I think the area where you would notice is the lag with a brush size or a brush with a duel texture. (EG: A 600dpi canvas and say painting with a brush that is 500pix) I know I have in the past anyways.

01 Jul 2015 10:52 #11604 by Banj
I've been looking at building a very similar system myself. I'd probably think about a larger PSU though.

01 Jul 2015 10:58 - 01 Jul 2015 11:03 #11605 by bergy68
I'm going to down the road. I have already purchesed the PSU. I'm not planning on any kind of Over Clocking with it for awhile, but I will later on down the road(Edit: This board I'm buying is designed for OC). What size PSU are you thinking about for yours Banj?