Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

16 Apr 2024 22:33 #49974 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Zurks! :shakefist:

And...
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2024 06:29 #49975 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Warning: Spoiler!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Apr 2024 18:57 #49979 by Valence
There are too many players and not enough Thieves' Troves for them to find. :confident:
In my normal play activities I'm lucky if I find one during a session but today I've been trying to find three in order to get 90 seals.
And everyone else has been trying too.
Many times I approached one of the locations where they spawn only to be greeted by another player coming away. So I guess there's no point in continuing to look at this location. If there was one there then they got it before me. :)
And so I turn to leave and I see someone else approaching the same place and, just like I did moments earlier, they see me, immediately stop as they realise they're not gonna find it, look at their map and then dash off to the next location. :lol:

So I haven't found any and I think I'm gonna give up on this challenge. :aha:

18 Apr 2024 19:45 #49980 by Charlotte
Maybe you should just stay in one spot until they respawn... :hmm:

Today I have captured a sparkly (aka star-quality) gossamer veil moth - only bug missing from the sparklies is now the golden glory bee. I've been looking for that moth for weeks and I've used lures and buzz jars - and today it just flew right into my face while I was trying to mine... :shrug:

I also managed to find my way out of the fallout shelter. Not that I have much of a clue of where to go next. I'm honestly not sure how that compass thingy at the bottom of the screen works... :dumb: There's like a big green arrow I think I should follow but it doesn't move (I think) so I'm never sure when I am moving towards it. And today some smaller arrows appeared too, so I guess I should go for them as well. And I came across something that seems like a moving radio of some sort. No idea if it's hostile, but I don't think so. :dry:

And then I played some Skyrim and realised I had come to Morthal by accident and way too early and I still tried to do the Vampire thing which went fine except for Alva... :dry: So I snuck out and left her - and Movarth's boots - behind. :blush:

18 Apr 2024 20:35 #49981 by Valence

Maybe you should just stay in one spot until they respawn... :hmm:

I saw other people doing that too. Some were passing the time by having duels there.

I remember the Fallout compass being a little confusing too, especially with all the little triangles marking nearby locations. And the Pip Boy interface for the map/inventory/etc was more fiddly than I'd like.

18 Apr 2024 21:52 #49982 by Valence
...and just as I decide to give up on the Thieves' Troves I end up accidentally finding one.
One.
Which tempts me to keep on playing to find two more. :shakefist:
There's supposed to be one on this ship in this little cabin behind this door...

and, just as I reach out for the handle, the door opens and the person who was there before me comes out. :stare:

Maybe I should go all the way back to Bleakrock where I started the game? :hmm:
I remember seeing some there before I knew what they even were and after that big fight that happened people might forget about going back there.

I emerge from the Wayshrine and I can't see too many people running around. :cheer:
There was supposed to be one under the bridge right there and as I get close to it there's still no-one following me or in front of me on the road. :)
I veer off to the side away from the path and peep under the bridge and...

There's seven people down there waiting for it. :eyeroll:

I've now definitely given up on the challenge and instead did a different one for a lesser reward. :aha:

18 Apr 2024 22:42 #49983 by Valence
I never managed to get very far in the original due to the clunky way that they tried to make everything too realistic but...

Pet that dog! :lol:

19 Apr 2024 06:49 #49984 by Charlotte
There was a dog? :dumb:

It looks fairly realistic to me. And violent... And like maybe you can only play as a guy?
But not uninteresting...

19 Apr 2024 10:09 #49985 by Valence
The quick dog petting happened at about two minutes in. :)

And yes you do just play as Henry.
It was the realistic nature of the gameplay that was the frustrating thing for me. It's one of those games where you have to rest, sleep, eat, wash, etc. Also the limited saves were rather annoying. They were trying to make it so that the game had consequences that you couldn't avoid but it ended up creating moments where it was really hard to make progress, especially if you didn't have a lot of time to play it.

And yet... I still keep going back to try and play it now and again. There's something appealing about a big RPG world that doesn't rely on fantasy. :)

19 Apr 2024 12:19 #49986 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
No fantasy!?
:nope:

:p