April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 Apr 2024 17:53 - 13 Apr 2024 18:00 #49915 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:hmm:
Maybe I should try it now. Though I still suspect Banj might be right about old save games. Even though I played a new game. :dumb:

Also, did that guy say the GOAT test had no wrong answers, or that it had no right ones? :dumb:

Edit: Oh dear, I'm dead.... That BB gun isn't very fast is it... :eyeroll: 
I wonder if I should have ignored that guy's mum... 
Either way I still can't quite read the compass to know where I'm to go. Should probably try to remember to look at the "pip boy map" every now and then... :dry: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2024 18:03 - 13 Apr 2024 21:34 #49916 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The graphics card thing would make more sense with the system shutting down completely than the save game files. 

13 Apr 2024 18:19 - 13 Apr 2024 18:38 #49917 by Charlotte
same game? save game? :dry:
Anyway I guess it's worth trying it out again, now. When I'm not playing something else. :unsure:

Edit: Oops. :dead: 

13 Apr 2024 18:53 - 13 Apr 2024 19:18 #49918 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
My Dark Elf character has now reached level 50 and now has access to Champion Points! :woohoo:

I shall now read up on this to work out what it all means. :dumb:

EDIT: Well first of all it means I'll need six more bank/inventory slots for the higher level materials. :eyeroll:

13 Apr 2024 19:27 #49919 by Charlotte
:dry:
I needed to google how to even get out of Vault 101 alive... and now I have, I think I might need to restart the whole thing. I hope I can skip the birthdays and all, but I think my autosaves have overwritten the beginnings, by now.

14 Apr 2024 11:34 #49924 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Have you worked out how to use the VATS thing yet?

It's a while since I played Fallout. Every time I try I get frustrated by the stat-based shooting and my inability to kill even the smallest things. :)

Last night I slowly made my way back to Windhelm after assassinating that nasty old woman. I did think about starting the Dawnguard story while I was down there but but I'm not sure how Serana will interact with my other followers so I left it for the time being and instead started the journey North to do some side quests along the way.
And I found another of those special stones in a cave! :rock:

14 Apr 2024 12:47 - 14 Apr 2024 12:49 #49925 by Charlotte
Well, it took me a while to even understand what VATS was. Like.... "Am I supposed to climb into vats? vats of what??? :dumb: " But then I guess I got it, but I think it's an awkward mechanism, since it pauses the game every time and you have to press an extra button to say yes, yes I wanna shoot that roach. So I mostly ignore it. It also took me forever to realise the BB gun is useless (and the 10 mil isn't much better) and you're better off fighting the roaches with your baseball bat. So when I replay, I'll got for that and maybe manage to save Butch's mum... :dry:

Today I have tried out Planet Crafter. It feels kind of "empty" but then again that planet you're on isn't supposed to have any life. It's just... I think it might even have seemed less weird and empty if there wasn't resources scattered all over. Like all those materials you need grow as crystals, right out of the ground. Of course it's not too dissimilar from Subnautica, except it's on land and it's lifeless. So far anyway. :paranoid: Also less aesthetically pleasing. 

This game too, I might need to start over now I have a better idea of what I'm doing. Not sure I'd buy it yet (and I don't feel more positively inclined b y all the reminders to press "F9 to wishlist on Steam" that pops up regularly, distracting me from refilling my oxygen or whatever. Though I have managed to not die yet, which I guess it's an accomplishment all on its own...) but I can certainly imagine trying it out for longer.

14 Apr 2024 16:35 #49929 by Charlotte
After a visit to dad's, I am now playing planet crafter again. This time there are meteor showers :blink: They're a bit scary... They're also supposed to bring rare metals, but so far I haven't found the one I really need at this point. I have to get up to the crashed ship to salvage stuff... Again. And I'm running rather low on food. Why would they send terraformers into space with enough rations to manage a few days, but no means of making food? (Not yet, that is... but it'll be a while before I can. Hopefully I'll find more rations....)

14 Apr 2024 19:12 #49930 by Charlotte
Seriously, there was a medkit with 10 stimpacks in my own bedroom all along??? :stare: :dumb:

Well, new character created, but no time to escape the premises today...

14 Apr 2024 19:19 #49931 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming