April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

15 Apr 2024 11:56 #49934 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
There's a fallout 76? How many fallout games are there???? :ohmy:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2024 12:18 #49937 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
About 7 or so as far as I know. 76 was the one that everyone hated and threw a fit over for some reason 

15 Apr 2024 14:11 #49941 by Charlotte
why is it numbered as 76 out of 7? :dumb:

I finished the Planet Crafter Demo (it ends when you reach a certain terraforming level - shortly after the main goal you get at the beginning of the demo). Might get it, if I miss it. Maybe I'll hope for an even bigger discount in the future (currently 30%)

15 Apr 2024 22:53 #49953 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
People had a tantrum over Fallout 76 because, unlike the previous games, it was an online thing with no NPCs. The world was instead populated with other players.
That initial reaction has become more favourable over time but I don't have that game so I can't judge it myself. :shrug:

There's some stealy stuff going on in ESO this week.
If you pickpocket just one person you can then claim the Thieves' Guild DLC for free! So I've been pickpocketing for the first time. :cheer:
I managed six successful pocket thefts (which was part of another endeavour too) and it was all a bit scary. :argh:
Also one attempt went a bit wrong and I got caught and had to kill him. :(
I wasn't quick enough with Blade Of Woe either and ended up having to hack him to death like any other baddie.
Sorry, mate.
Thankfully I didn't get seen (and then attacked) by any guards so I got to shadow-sneak my way to the Outlaws to pay off the bounty. :aha:

16 Apr 2024 06:11 #49954 by Charlotte
How can you get a bounty when you're not seen? That's weird in Skyrim too, how you can get contracts on you by already dead people or even animals sometimes. Or by others who really shouldn't know what happened...

16 Apr 2024 16:02 - 16 Apr 2024 16:07 #49965 by Charlotte
:giggle:
I'm looking through Steam's recommended games queue for me, based on what I own and have played etc.

"tags: early access - players like you love this game"

Sounds a bit meager to base a recommendation on... :dry:

(Note that I still only bought Hogwarts - although I have the recently mentioned Planet Crafter Demo too - and I haven't played it since the second time that troll killed me. Maybe not my best buy, but hopefully I will return to it eventually.... :dumb: )

Edit: Another game is "Exclusively single-player and co-op" :huh: How does that work, exactly? :hmm: 

16 Apr 2024 16:42 #49966 by Valence
GoG recently sent me an email of recommendations that were nothing at all like the games I play. :dry:
Steam's suggestions are a little bit better but they still don't seem to understand that my PC can't run most of them. :eyeroll:

And today there seems to be an assassination challenge in ESO cos five people have already tried to sneak behind me to stab me. Sorry but I'm not an NPC and Blade Of Woe doesn't work on me. :P

16 Apr 2024 18:40 #49967 by Valence

How can you get a bounty when you're not seen? That's weird in Skyrim too, how you can get contracts on you by already dead people or even animals sometimes. Or by others who really shouldn't know what happened...

Assassinated ten people without being seen. No bounty at all! :woohoo: :evil:

And two more players tried to get me. :eyeroll:

16 Apr 2024 18:55 #49969 by Charlotte
Maybe there should be a rule against slow walking during events... :dry:

16 Apr 2024 19:14 #49970 by Valence
:ohmy: :nope:

Those Champion Points that I just got (and had to look up) are a bit like Skyrim's perks, you know- constellations where all the stars are passive skills- and one of them is the option to increase your movement speed!
I declined to level that one and put my points in stamina instead. :lol: