April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

11 Mar 2024 20:30 #49525 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
*stops twiddling thumbs*
...and that new character screen isn't better. Ew. :nope:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2024 00:47 - 12 Mar 2024 00:48 #49527 by Valence
I've now finished the Orsinium zone story. Just the story, I'll leave all the side quests and dungeon/delves for another time. I just wanted to complete these quests in order to get the bonus Ursauk mount! :cheer:
I've wanted one of those for a while and I think it will suit my large Dragonknight character in Daggerfall. I've been letting him have random picks until now. :)

And it was a good ending. I like it when they have a slow "epilogue" quest to tie up all the loose ends and let you say goodbye to everyone and that one was very well structured and satisfying. I do hope that we'll get to see Eveli Sharp-Arrow again cos she was good fun and she did imply that our paths could cross again. :paranoid:

I now need to go back home and sort out my under-levelled weapons and outfits. :S

14 Mar 2024 13:16 - 14 Mar 2024 13:17 #49546 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I thought "too rich for my blood" meant that something wasn't healthy for you, like if your cholesterol levels are high you'd try to eat less fat (not that it helps) - but in Palia it seems to mean it's too pricey. Is that what it's supposed to mean? :hmm:

Edit: I googled and apparently Palia has got it right :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Mar 2024 00:32 - 16 Mar 2024 01:04 #49564 by Valence
I didn't want to retrace my many, many steps through that Skyrim dungeon so I reluctantly chose to Fast Travel from the top of that mountain-that-you-can't-get-off. And I want to clear up some Windhelm stuff so I'll go straight to the stables there. :aha:
Immediate dragon before I even get to the big gates. :eyeroll:

That's another reason why I don't like fast travel. :shakefist:
It swooped around for a while as we all stood on that narrow path from the stables and I eventually shot its health down enough for it to crash to the ground but it couldn't find anywhere to "land".
Had to chase it for quite some time before it found a place to die. :S

And back in WIndhelm again I'm talking to that alchemist guy who is giving me a list of special ingredients for his phial thing. OK, I'll go and get that thing for you. And that thing too. And... Wait- a Briar Heart? Don't I already have one of those? :hmm:

I'm sure I do.
*checks inventory*
*checks BIG inventory*

I'm sure I do.
"Hey, Arissa. Did I give that Briar Heart to you?"
*checks Arissa's inventory*
No. :(
Oh, wait...
*checks Arissa's "equipment" which is slightly different from her shared inventory*
I'd forgotten about that. :) But she still didn't have it. :stare:
I know I didn't put it in a chest cos I haven't been back home for a while.
"Hey, Brelyna. I know we've only got back together again recently after I ditched that other guy, but did I give it to you when I dressed you up in that Nightingale Armour with the lovely cape? Or...  maybe when I charged up your thermonuclear fire staff?"
*checks Brelyna's inventory*
:unsure:

I REMEMBER having it! I certainly didn't sell it.
And I even remember that quest where I had to go down into the thing to fight the thing. And then there was that-

Oh, yeah.
That was ESO, wasn't it? :facepalm:
(Edit: And, now that I DO remember, it wasn't even an actual briar heart, it was an armour piece in that named set.)

Yes, yes, alchemist guy. I'll go off and get your stuff. :pout:

16 Mar 2024 10:57 #49566 by Charlotte
:giggle:

16 Mar 2024 20:15 #49570 by Charlotte
Well my friend who was gonna try Palia finally tried today, and it just crashed on her - her computer's too old... *sigh*

16 Mar 2024 21:50 - 16 Mar 2024 21:51 #49571 by Valence
*checks Palia specs*
Yikes! I didn't expect that from the screenshots I'd seen, 4GB VRAM and an i7 processor? :ohmy:

*goes back to old games*

And in my ongoing quest to play as many games as possible at the same time...

"Aaaargh! :pirate:

...I have installed and had a go on Black Flag.

I did successfully find the Assassin, as the prompt invited, and then stole his clothes but I got a bit side-tracked from the next bit of tutorial story after I started looting chests on the map and then failed to chase after a song (!? :shrug:) which resulted in me getting lost in the open world and couldn't work out how to get back to where I was supposed to be. :dumb:
I'm sure it'll put me back there next time after I've died. :lol:

It has the same control scheme as Syndicate, which is a good thing cos I like the feel of that, but is less forgiving in how much it helps you climb and not fall, which is also probably a good thing as the climbing is way to easy in the recent ones.
However it is surprisingly stuttery considering it's an older game. May have to tweak settings. :hmm: 
Attachments:

17 Mar 2024 22:59 #49585 by Valence
While fiddling with Black Flag settings I suddenly wondered if there were any mods you can install. There are and you can, but there was nothing that caught my eye. This then got me wondering about the other Assassin's Creed games and possible mods for them and after a little search I found one for Syndicate that toggles the HUD with a single key press. :cheer:
I've wanted that function for ages. Wish I'd found it earlier when I wasn't nearly 80% through the game. :dry:

18 Mar 2024 12:23 #49586 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

...It has the same control scheme as Syndicate...

For a moment I thought you meant...

Attachments:

18 Mar 2024 12:37 #49587 by Valence
I vaguely remember that too. :lol:

I have also noticed that The Cat Game is on sale this week on Steam.
I am tempted.
But maybe there'll be a bigger discount at Easter or during the summer. :paranoid: