May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

04 Mar 2024 20:36 #49426 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
You know, in Palia we don't kill NPCs. :dry: Just chappaa, sernuk and muujin. :aha: Except currently we can't kill any muujin because they accidentally went poof after the latest patch... :unsure:

I guess we also kill fish... Though I'm not sure they're dead until we cook them, as the star quality ones can be put in aquariums in our houses. As can the bugs. In terrariums. :shrug:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2024 12:50 #49427 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
*goes to Orsinium to start the Orsinium quest story*
*can't find the person to talk to*
*googles*

Apparently I need to go to the completely different place of Rivenspire.
I've never been to Rivenspire so the wayshrines aren't available.
It's a very long walk from Davon's Watch. Very long.

*tries to go by boat/caravan*

I've now arrived in many places but none of them are Rivenspire. :S

*googles again*

Apparently (again) I need to take the boat to Glenumbra, then take the boat to Stormhaven and then I can find a boat to Rivenspire. :dry:

I shall try again tonight. :pirate:

06 Mar 2024 01:07 - 06 Mar 2024 01:12 #49429 by Valence
Found her! :cheer:
Now I have to return to my normal "home" town to speak to the ambassador?
What are they doing there? :dunno:

Ohhhhh. That's the ambassador? 
And now back to Orsinium. And follow that smell. :pirate: 

Warning: Spoiler!

*time passes*

And now two and a half hours later after fighting and war and trebuchets (:woohoo:) and where the hell is this alchemist?? :shakefist:
Warning: Spoiler!

...followed by more fighting and boss battle and then... Biiiig Boss Battle. :argh:

That ... was a difficult one. :stare:
He certainly had some special moves. After not dying for months I had at least three or four devastating deaths during that fight as I tried to work out how he was killing me so easily. It didn't help that my Nightblade doesn't have any decent ranged attacks at all. Perhaps this tactic of dual-wielding on both bars isn't the best idea for boss fights. :unsure:
But I beat him in the end... :aha:
...after several soul gem revivals and plenty o' potions plus a bit of cowardly hiding. :)

And at a few points during this loong adventure I think that a frenchman was talking to me. :hmm:
I'm not 100% certain he was talking to ME cos he kept talking in the public zone chat rather than whispering, which is why I didn't reply. And I did see another person casually walking around slowly on the same journeys, so I suspect it was him.
All of us who walk slowly must stick together and support each other. :lol:
Then as I was going home someone else ran around me a few times and asked to trade. To trade??
I declined cos I don't even know how that works. :S
Attachments:

06 Mar 2024 07:31 - 06 Mar 2024 07:31 #49430 by Charlotte
You mean "All of us who walk slowly must stick together and ignore each other", I think.

People do that in Palia too. Like "hello" right into the entire server. Maybe they say hello to everyone, maybe they say it to someone in front of them. I've no idea. Yesterday someone said "Searching for Sugar Daddy" :blink: I do hope that was someone's user name. Kind of. :dry:

People are still hopeless at getting directions right, too. Yesterday someone said there was a grove of flow trees (which people chop together) in one place and someone else said there was "a tree" somewhere else. Well, I was already at the first place and could see no grove so I gave up and figured I'd go for the single tree only to find that that was the grove (there's only ever one grove and it seems to always appear at midnight Palia time).
Later, someone said there was a grove at place A. Then she corrected and said, no place B. Then she corrected again and said place C, which was way over on the other side of the map from the first two places. :nope:

06 Mar 2024 12:51 #49433 by Valence

You mean "All of us who walk slowly must stick together and ignore each other", I think.

That's exactly what I mean. :lol:
In all my hundreds of hours in this game I've only seen four other people unironically walking and I appreciate them all as my kind of people. Silently. :paranoid:

After a bit of research I'm now certain he was talking to me. Even though it wasn't a private whisper it was apparently in the "say" channel rather than the "zone" channel which means it was said by someone who was within a small radius of me and only visible to people in that small region. It seems like that's the default option for chat, if you want to talk to the entire zone you have to specify that instead.
I always notice or find out these things far too late for normal conversation to happen. :)

Apart from declining all invitations I have only "said" something once in this game and that was when I announced to everyone nearby, "FPS!"
I was trying to use the console command and forgot to use the slash code. :blush:

06 Mar 2024 13:25 #49436 by Charlotte
I've said my fair share of W when trying to move forward without closing the chat window first... :dumb:

06 Mar 2024 14:53 #49442 by Valence
The most interesting thing I've seen in the zone chat was when someone tried to scam another player out of 3 million gold. There's a technically illegal black market for Crowns and you often see people offering to buy and sell them and then I assume all other contact after that is private but on this occasion the entire confrontation played out live in the chat window. It was like watching a drug deal go badly wrong. :lol:

06 Mar 2024 15:51 #49444 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
I guess that beats looking for sugar daddies... :unsure:

07 Mar 2024 00:30 - 07 Mar 2024 00:32 #49454 by Valence
The only thing worse than a poorly-designed puzzle is trying to solve a poorly-designed puzzle while someone else (who HAS apparently solved it, probably by just looking it up on the wiki) proceeds to dance around you spraying some kind of champagne in your face. :stare:

I ignored him as well.

*looks it up on the wiki*

Oh.    I'm supposed to do that. :shrug:

07 Mar 2024 16:45 #49463 by Charlotte
Sushi! :woohoo:

That recipe is notoriously hard to find. I was starting to think you had to be a certain level of fishing before finding it.... I've seen a source say "some report it's taken up to 60 tries" - well, I've tried several times that, thank you very much. More like 60 tries a day for several days. :stare:

But it's mine now. All mine. :evil: