May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

07 Mar 2024 23:32 #49467 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
That reminded me that I had a recipe or two to learn along with a blueprint. That freed up a couple of inventory slots. :cheer:
And after a small quest in Orsinium I decided to do a clothing survey to clean out another slot AND give me some of that cotton that I'm still running out of. Let's check out the map again. It should be somewhere around... here.
Yes, here. Right next to this Dolmen. :S

Any minute now that thing is gonna crack open and flood the place with all kinds of baddies.
I think I'll leave the survey for another day. :unsure:

I still haven't done a dolmen in this game. They'll probably turn out to be easier than I'm imagining. :dumb:
Maybe? :dry:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2024 07:28 #49469 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
If those things let out baddies now and then, and need chains to stay in place, why don't the good guys just cut the chains while no baddies are around and let those things drift off into space where the baddies would quickly suffocate or freeze to death once they come through? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Mar 2024 11:09 - 08 Mar 2024 12:46 #49470 by Valence
Using all my experience, authority and knowledge I can offer the following answer...
I don't know. :confident:
I'm not yet familiar with the mechanics of how they open or close. I know that they're not always there at the locations. And I've seen videos that show lots of people fighting against lots of baddies so I'm not sure how it works if you're playing on your own. :S

08 Mar 2024 12:29 #49471 by Charlotte
:hmm: If they're not always there, maybe the baddies can steer them and anchor them where they want, in which case they wouldn't just drift off into space if cut loose... though disembarking might be a bit more difficult if they're not staying still, I guess. :giggle:

08 Mar 2024 20:03 - 08 Mar 2024 20:04 #49483 by Valence
It wasn't there today so I safely harvested all my goodies.
There wasn't quite as much cotton as I'd hoped. :(
Doing all those zone quests has levelled me up a bit quicker than my usual slow play so it's now spawning some different materials as well. That'll need some more bank slots. :eyeroll:
And the levelling has reduced the effectiveness of my weapons again. Even those nice purple ones that I got from the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. I guess I'll have to start looting some boring green ones again.

08 Mar 2024 20:10 #49484 by Charlotte
I spent most of today fishing. Not sure why everyone wants fish in Palia. Or why you always need to find the hard to catch ones. There's this main quest related place with "vaults" in Palia, too, and you have to put in collections of items to get something back... I'm trying to find the last things I'm still missing and most of those things are fish, too. And a golden bee. :huh: I wonder if the creators of Palia like playing Skyrim? :giggle:

11 Mar 2024 16:50 #49519 by Valence
Ah, yes. This is why I keep giving up on Mortal Shell. I remember now.

Sometimes I stay alive for three whole seconds and sometimes, if I'm really lucky, I can take two pixels off that big health bar. :dry:
Attachments:

11 Mar 2024 16:53 #49520 by Charlotte
I've been spending an awful lot of time fishing in Palia. I still have some "epic" rays to catch, and now that I have finally caught one of those long nosed unicorn fish - someone wants me to give it to them! :ohmy: No way. That fish is mine. Or rather, it's going into that vault thing. :stare:

Also, I could have sworn the farmer's wife asked me to get her an egg or two, but apparently what she really wants is.... fertiliser? :huh: Their tendency to ask for one thing and want another is a bit confusing, and sometimes frustrating. Once, Kenli asked for an azure chappaa tail, but what he really wanted was a striped one. Next week he asked for a striped one but wanted an azure one. And then he asked for a BLACK one, but it was an azure one again. And the "azure" chappaas are mostly white. :shrug: (And there are only three kinds: spotted, striped and azure.)

11 Mar 2024 16:54 #49521 by Charlotte
"Grisha"? Wasn't that someone's name? :dumb: Whatever it is, it's an ugly. :aha:

11 Mar 2024 19:04 #49523 by Valence
It may be ugly but at least it's still alive. :dead:

Meanwhile I'm just waiting for ESO to patch another big update.
*twiddles thumbs*