April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Feb 2024 12:39 #49303 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: I usually sneak through that place alone. The vampires can be tricky but the skeletons are pushovers...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2024 21:32 - 25 Feb 2024 23:56 #49318 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It was a rather odd evening in ESO tonight. There were quite a few groups of people lurking around the wayshrines chasing each other around and swinging weapons at each other in a non-duelling way and someone repeatedly tried to fire arrows at my face as I walked towards them. :ohmy:
Perhaps they were all waiting for one of those group events that I ignore.
And then someone followed me a little too closely all the way to the bank. :paranoid:
If they ever introduce player pickpocketing into this game then I'm doomed. :lol:
But I got quite a few surveys done today which eased some inventory woes and banked enough materials for the next few crafting jobs.
I've been running low on cotton and I'd decided to just let it run out and then level up to spidersilk (which I have plenty of) but today's harvesting will delay that decision. :)

I'm also at that point of almost spending some fake money on some goodies that are only available for a few more days. If I just had one more Crown Gem it would make the choice so much easier but.. I don't! :shrug:

EDIT:
And in GTA, no matter how many times I try, it still won't let me use this little thing as a getaway car. :(
I really want to see the whole crew try to cram themselves in the back. :giggle:

Attachments:

26 Feb 2024 11:43 #49319 by Charlotte
So the reason you want to use it, is the reason it can't be used... Poor little car.

In Palia, I'm kind of running out of things to do. I've still got some fish and bugs to catch and some furniture to make and some stuff to buy, but for the furniture I pretty much only have the items that require the "magic" ingredients left, and harvesting those is kind of slow going. Especially since even if people tell you they found a grove of those trees, they're not very good at telling you where... :eyeroll: Sometimes they only send up a flare and if you're too far away or don't know where to look or there's a mountain between you and the flare you can't see it. Duh.

And my friend still hasn't joined in, like she said she would over a week ago... :shrug:

I've reached the highest friendship level with several villagers as well, which means that while I CAN gift them every week and now will get to know all 4 things they'll want, there's not much point to doing it... :dry: I'm not sure the friendship system is all that well thought through... I also should choose a shepp/mentor (and could "romance" several of the villagers) but as far as I know there's not much point to either. *sigh*

Maybe I'll go back to Skyrim. Or try Subnautica and see if the game keeps shutting down. I'm guessing the comp gets over heated but it's weird seeing this is supposed to be a good and very brand spanking new gaming computer and that game is like 10 years old by now? :dunno:

26 Feb 2024 14:21 #49320 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Or try Subnautica and see if the game keeps shutting down. I'm guessing the comp gets over heated but it's weird seeing this is supposed to be a good and very brand spanking new gaming computer and that game is like 10 years old by now? :dunno:

I'm not sure that overheating makes sense either. Do you still have mods installed, or save games that used mods, and have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling?

26 Feb 2024 14:47 #49321 by Charlotte
It is newly installed, I did not install mods and had none of my old save games so it's a new game. I did not try to reinstall/repair yet, though.

26 Feb 2024 14:50 #49322 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

26 Feb 2024 15:29 #49323 by Valence
Update drivers? :hmm:

26 Feb 2024 16:06 #49325 by Charlotte
They should be pretty well updated too... But I think Nvidia had some hickup last time they tried to update... :hmm:

27 Feb 2024 00:15 - 27 Feb 2024 00:17 #49330 by Valence

It was a rather odd evening in ESO tonight.
Perhaps they were all waiting for one of those group events that I ignore.

Yes they were all there again. It seems to be some kind of PvP event and one of the relevant NPCs is by the wayshrine which explains the influx of aggressive people over there. :lol:

Anyway, time for some Lara Croft antics in the old Bath House tomb...

I can just make out the red explodey barrels beneath the rising water line but can't get back out here quick enough. Even when I "click-stick" sprint (not my favourite type of control :nope:) jump out of the little hole AND land on the boat (which is also difficult) the water still covers them before I can shoot.
There must be another way to lock the winch on the drain like in the other room. :hmm:
Unless that was a red herring. :hmm:
Or should I have done this room first? :hmm:

Attachments:

27 Feb 2024 11:37 #49331 by Charlotte
:dunno: