But...
World Record. :cheer:

It won't last. :nope: :lol:

It didn't last. :pout:
A few hours later it was beaten by....
Me again! :woohoo:
I went under 1:06. :pirate:

I'll be checking the leaderboard again tomorrow. :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2024 10:52 #49070 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Feb 2024 12:49 #49071 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

But...
World Record. :cheer:

It won't last. :nope: :lol:

It didn't last. :pout:
A few hours later it was beaten by....
Me again! :woohoo:
I went under 1:06. :pirate:

I'll be checking the leaderboard again tomorrow. :stare:

You are your own worst enemy 

03 Feb 2024 18:12 #49072 by Charlotte
:shakefist:

For a quest/riddle you need a stone that represents "the sands of time". I figured sandstone would be too literal, and also it doesn't exist in game, but I figured maybe they meant quartz... However, I googled, and... it's a pearl. Because a pearl is "sand compressed over time" :facepalm:

No it isn't! It's a grain of sand coated with a shimmery muck by the mollusc who doesn't want it there. :stare:

03 Feb 2024 23:08 - 03 Feb 2024 23:09 #49073 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Mmmm, shimmery muck. :aha:

I've just been solving a murder in AC: Syndicate's Dreadful Crimes while also casually murdering every rival gang thug who bothered me as I walked between crime scenes. 
Hope no-one investigates those deaths. :dry:

PS. World record in Trials still stands even though 500 more people have had a go at it. :paranoid:

06 Feb 2024 23:22 #49103 by Valence
Got invited to a group today in ESO. Of course I declined. :)
But even so, I did have fun fighting along with this other person as we killed over a hundred spectres to advance my weekly endeavour score closer to the 500 target. And I did save them when they got a bit complacent and ended up being surrounded by six of the nasty things. I stayed at a safe distance and repeatedly sent my angry cliff racer down to wipe them out. :pirate:
Yes, I was obviously playing as my Warden character for this. Still haven't done any quests at all with her beyond the tutorials but whenever I need to kill large numbers of baddies I enjoy using her skills with the bow and the swooping beastie. You can get through them much quicker than with swords or daggers.
But now that she's levelling up I think I need my Elf woman to craft her a better bow. :aha:

08 Feb 2024 16:05 #49125 by Charlotte
I've been terrified of talking to anyone in Palia and declining any friend invite. Probably not wrong seeing as they must have invited me straight from the who's online list, when I haven't met them or seen them in the game, ever. But today I googled what ages Palia players are (because what I fear most is becoming someone's online gaming "mom" and the people being teens. I think the NPC teens - who are probably meant to be in their 20ies but they seem like teens - are annoying enough) and anyway it seems quite a few players are older. Lots of grannies, seems like. :P Maybe I needn't be quite so fearful of the other players. Maybe. Though I'll remain sceptical of any male character who's chosen a blue or green beard. :paranoid:

09 Feb 2024 20:26 #49130 by Valence
I was messing around with GeForceNow the other day after not bothering with it for a while. The main reason was to have a look at that Guardians Of The Galaxy game that Epic gave away recently. I played through about 30 minutes and it was very "talky", not just the cut-scenes either. The gameplay, when you get to it, has constant chat between all the characters, which is great if you like that Marvel banter-style of dialogue. :dry:
And with that checked out I also played a bit of Kingdom Come and finally managed to do that damn lockpick, then I had a little runabout in Watchdogs 2, long enough to realise that I'd forgotten the controls. :lol:
And finally I logged in to revisit ARK. :)
And my previous savegame was no longer there! :ohmy:
All those dodos at my farm on Herbivore Island. All those Parasaurs. My Carnotaur. My Raptors. That northern base that didn't work out very well cos I was too cold. All gone. :(
I'm sure Banj will be thinking that this is a good thing. :lol:
But even so.... Pesky cloud computing! :shakefist:

09 Feb 2024 20:37 #49131 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

I've been considering reinstalling ARK now that I have more space, but I haven't got around to it. I miss parts of it, I don't miss other parts of it. :shrug:

09 Feb 2024 21:17 #49133 by Valence
I now have the space for it too but it doesn't run very well on my PC, probably due to that poor optimisation, and it's only playable at low settings. One of the things I enjoyed about it was the sense of visual spectacle with the landscapes and the dinos and if you take that away by removing all the grass and shadows it doesn't quite have the same effect. :S