May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

30 Jan 2024 00:36 - 30 Jan 2024 02:59 #48993 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Enough of your annoying chat...

Haven't played this for a while and I'd forgotten the controls for stealth which resulted in too many deaths.
Trigger for stealth. Buttons for run. The opposite to what I'm used to in those other stealthy games. :pout:
AND I got mauled to death by Caragors due to my slow reaction times. :(
But at least I killed one of the warchiefs. :pirate:
Just need one more before... some kind of plot things happen. :shrug:

EDIT: Oh, but I did manage one tremendous escape!! :cheer:
After one of those failed sneak attacks on one of the chief's bodyguards I ended up in the middle of a stronghold surrounded by over 20 orcs (including the difficult shield and spear types) so I... I...
...ran away. :brb:
Of course they all chased after me. After much sprinting I managed to spot a little shortcut between two walls which led me into some hidey bushes and from there I watched the mob run the long way around which took them near to a camp fire. :excited:
They all started searching for me and when enough of them were close to the fire I popped my head up out of the bushes and fired my explodey arrow into the flames. 
Killed loads in one go. Beautiful. :aha:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2024 23:17 #49015 by Valence
I'm at the Blacksmith station crafting some stuff for the war efforts as part of my daily job and, as I press R, I hear that odd discordant, clunking sound that usually goes along with a failure to do something.
Have I not got enough style stones? I still have the necessary amount.
Have I run out of materials? Nope.
Oh, wait here's the error message at the top telling me what I've done wrong.
Oh, yeah. :(
It's been just five days since my free trial ended and my inventory is already full again. :lol:
And I forgot to go to the bank yesterday so I'll have to dump some stuff in order to carry the stuff I'm trying to make now.

O, sweet craft bag! What a splendid thing you were. :cry:

31 Jan 2024 11:18 #49019 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I keep running into changing recipes in Palia. I mentioned crafting some furniture for a quest, well I had looked up what they needed and it was three ingredients each. Then when I went to make them, I suddenly also needed some sort of green moss. I had enough so that was fine but I was a bit confused about not noticing before. I managed to do three of the items and got enough materials for the last the following day. At which point no moss was needed. :huh:

Then I got the cooking recipe and as mentioned I had to buy ingredients. So off I went after calculating exactly how much I needed according to the recipes. Then when I had finally grown my spicy peppers, I started cooking and... ran out of salt for one recipe and sugar for another. :stare: And yet the recipes are supposed to tell you if you don't have all the needed ingredients before you start! :pout:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Feb 2024 00:34 #49028 by Valence

After one of those failed sneak attacks on one of the chief's bodyguards I ended up in the middle of a stronghold surrounded by over 20 orcs (including the difficult shield and spear types) so I... I...
...ran away. :brb:

Today I only got caught by...
*counts orcs*

...seventeen of them. And there was no easy way to escape so. :pirate: :unsure:

Later on I did manage to isolate that warchief I'd been hunting and I sneaked up behind a wall, used those controls that I've now relearned and...
Invulnerable To Stealth Attacks!
:eyeroll:
So I did the jumping stun attack and...
Invulnerable To.. 
Yeah, yeah. I get it. :shakefist:
Stupidly I tried the jumping stun again for reasons I don't understand and he then taunted me by shouting, "You've tried that one already and it didn't work! Ha-ha-har."
Yeah, yeah. Very funny. :stare:

But after a longer-than-planned fight I did successfully remove his head. :) :thumbup:

Attachments:

01 Feb 2024 12:40 #49029 by Charlotte
Didn't laugh then, did he? :evil:

01 Feb 2024 13:16 #49031 by Valence
:aha:

There's apparently a new trailer for Death Stranding 2 on the Internet but I'm too scared to watch it yet. I need a hamster to tell me if there are any spoilers in it.
I still haven't been to Heartman's place yet.
I did plan on playing it last night but those numerous orcs in Mordor kept stealing my time.

01 Feb 2024 13:32 #49034 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 What makes you think that I'd watch a trailer with potential spoilers? Huh? Eh? HUH!? 

01 Feb 2024 13:44 #49035 by Charlotte

:aha:

:ohmy: He laughed anyway? :dumb: 

01 Feb 2024 13:53 #49037 by Valence

What makes you think that I'd watch a trailer with potential spoilers? Huh? Eh? HUH!? 

Erm... Because you finished the first game and therefore won't have the ending spoiled? :dumb:

And the orc made a gurgling noise. I laughed for him. :)

01 Feb 2024 13:56 #49038 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 That doesn't prevent the possibility of spoilers for the next game